isnaini_blogtemplate23
Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self. - Cyril Connolly
Thursday, March 01, 2007
...into the Fire
Well, I returned rejuvinated, relaxed, exfoliated, defoliated, soft, shiny, and smelling good.

Yeah - that lasted less than 1/2 hour this morning with two employee meltdowns, having to fire someone (don't ask, but I managed to get her to resign in lieu of firing her), and a budget presentation to my VP that was met with about the same warmth that Simon Cowell gives to the American Idol contestants. Ouch. All before lunch.

I have until Monday to get the budget right and resubmit it. Needless to say, blogging will be lite in the meantime, and there goes the weekend.

All of this was compounded by the fact that my Dad had major surgery (planned) today and I was a little preoccupied. Thankfully, he came out of it just fine, and although he's got a long recovery ahead of him, he'll be a lot stronger in the long run.

Ironically, I discovered only yesterday that I have him to thank for the gorgeous spa at Nemacolin's resort. By far the most gorgeous, and lushest I have ever been in. Turns out his firm was responsible for the architecture and interiors. I should have known better, because the entire time I was there, all I could think was how much he would have appreciated the strong Japanese influence and all the amenities and attention to detail.

At least I still smell good...
posted by Broadsheet @ 4:44 PM  
3 Editorial Opinions:
  • At March 01, 2007, Blogger jwer said…

    Your spa was at Larry Ellison's house?

     
  • At March 01, 2007, Blogger tfg said…

    I hope your dad is recovers quickly.

    I wish you worked at my company. Nobody has the stones to fire me and I've been trying tirelessly.

     
  • At March 01, 2007, Blogger Broadsheet said…

    jwer: No - but it bears a striking resemblance. I'm still shaking my head as to why he didn't take lifetime spa passes in lieu of his commission.

    tfg: YOU'RE FIRED!!!

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Publisher

Name: Broadsheet
Home:
About Me: The Editor in Chief
See my complete profile
Mainstream Media

World News: Darfur/Sudan

Left Handed Editors

Right Handed Editors

The Personals

Food and Wine

Literature, Academia, Arts, and Culture

Healthcare and Technology

Book Reviews

The Tabloids

Previous Post
Archived Editions
Classifieds

Cost of the War in Iraq
(JavaScript Error)

Blog Baltimore

Subscribe with Bloglines

Blogarama - The Blog Directory

ripple

Save the Net

Blogtimore Hon

Powered by

BLOGGER