isnaini_blogtemplate23
Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self. - Cyril Connolly
Friday, February 16, 2007
Some Days are Better than Others.....
And when you get to take the ferry across the bay to Coronado Island, and have a late lunch outside on the terrace at one of America's truly iconic hotels, it's one of those better days. If you ever come to San Diego, it is well worth your valuable time to visit the Hotel Del Coronado. A real trip back to a more elegant time. Ironically, it was the hotel of choice for the Japanese at the conference. With rooms going for $300+ per night - it was a bargain for them!

The conference was over for me around 11:00 AM this morning, so after spending a few hours on Coronado having lunch, sticking my toes in the Pacific Ocean, getting a sunburn on my neck, walking on the beach, and getting blisters from my dress boots (I was still in conference/business attire), I came back to my hotel, rented a car, and am off for more adventures. Tomorrow. I'm having a low key evening this evening. I'm totally beat.
posted by Broadsheet @ 8:00 PM  
5 Editorial Opinions:
  • At February 17, 2007, Blogger Charissa said…

    I had a low key evening, too - I was asleep by 11! That's so unlike me. Although I didn't get to walk the beach or dip my toes in the Pacific... so I'm pretty sure your evening kicked my evening's arse, but oh well. Glad you got to relax a bit

     
  • At February 17, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Meanwhile, on the frozen tundra of Belgium, WI, I rolled out of bed to zero degree temperatures and a wind chill of -25F at the luxurious AmericInn Hotel. I finished off the day with a flight in a 19-passenger "school bus with wings" that practically had no heat. After delaying the flight for 40 minutes while they waited for 2 passengers from another flight, they had to turn around and bribe one passenger to deplane because the plane was overloaded. I felt much better knowing that we were taking off at the maximum weight limit of the plane. I finally got home at 10 pm - 6 hrs after our connecting flight touched down in Cleveland. I could've driven home in 2:15 hrs. Ahh, the conveniences of modern travel!

     
  • At February 17, 2007, Blogger Broadsheet said…

    Charissa: I had a late dinner and was asleep by 9:30 PM. Doesn't get more low key than that! One of the largest malls in CA is across the street from my hotel, and I didn't even have the energy to check it out.

     
  • At February 19, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    GOOD LORD! I thought that hotel was in Florida! I mean isn't it the one in 'Some Like It Hot'
    The things you learn from blogs, eh?

     
  • At February 19, 2007, Blogger Broadsheet said…

    C - Yes dear, the one and the same. Marylin Monroe memorabilia is all over the hotel. But not FL, a channel island in Sand Diego Harbor has been its home since 1888. It is truly a gem, and a real treat to sit on the veranda for wine and lunch.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Publisher

Name: Broadsheet
Home:
About Me: The Editor in Chief
See my complete profile
Mainstream Media

World News: Darfur/Sudan

Left Handed Editors

Right Handed Editors

The Personals

Food and Wine

Literature, Academia, Arts, and Culture

Healthcare and Technology

Book Reviews

The Tabloids

Previous Post
Archived Editions
Classifieds

Cost of the War in Iraq
(JavaScript Error)

Blog Baltimore

Subscribe with Bloglines

Blogarama - The Blog Directory

ripple

Save the Net

Blogtimore Hon

Powered by

BLOGGER