isnaini_blogtemplate23
Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self. - Cyril Connolly
Sunday, March 04, 2007
Five Indian Restaurants in London
This morning's Travel section in the NYT, highlights Five of the bestIndian Restaurants in London. Included in the list is Zaika, a magnificent place in Kensington, where I had the tasting menu described in the article for Thanksgiving dinner in 2005. It was memorable to say the least.

The descriptions of all the incredible food will get your mouth watering - especially on a cold Sunday morning in Baltimore. I bought a gorgeous cookbook of Indian cuisine at Williams Sonoma just before I left for CA, and haven't had a chance to make anything out of it. After three days of Mexican party leftovers from the freezer, I think I'll leave the rest of them in there for a while, and create a nice meal out of the Indian cookbook instead.

Stay tuned.
posted by Broadsheet @ 8:26 AM  
3 Editorial Opinions:
  • At March 05, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Bleedin' hell!! Hot Stuff is about 5 minutes walk from my house and believe me, the reviewer is soft peddalling on the, shall we say, artlessness of the ambience. The food is fantastic though and I am just a tad pissed off that now we will never be able just to stroll in as the place will be stuffed to the rafters with well-heeled New Yorkers. Mind you, they had better dress way down and not bring their hire car as by the time they get the bill the wheels will be off and the radio and cd player but a fragrant memory!

    The rest of the review is spot on but my word Hot Stuff making it to the NYT.......! I mean REALLY.

    Campbell

     
  • At March 05, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Girl,let's take a note of the place in Lambeth for the next time we hook up in London...we have a duty to hansel what is on offer there. I've reasonably decent Indian options here in BJ, but alas lack the company to enjoy. Last week I invited friends, but the epicurean experience was diminished by 2 (of their) orders for native Chicken curry. Roll on September....I'll be stacking up these treats for you.

     
  • At March 05, 2007, Blogger Broadsheet said…

    B in BJ: You're on! Is this comment a declaration of returning to London once your China adventure is over?

    campbell: You're invited too! Save us a spot at Hot Stuff!

    I was surprised to see that none of the more traditional curry houses over on Brickslane got a nod, but I suppose that was the point.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Publisher

Name: Broadsheet
Home:
About Me: The Editor in Chief
See my complete profile
Mainstream Media

World News: Darfur/Sudan

Left Handed Editors

Right Handed Editors

The Personals

Food and Wine

Literature, Academia, Arts, and Culture

Healthcare and Technology

Book Reviews

The Tabloids

Previous Post
Archived Editions
Classifieds

Cost of the War in Iraq
(JavaScript Error)

Blog Baltimore

Subscribe with Bloglines

Blogarama - The Blog Directory

ripple

Save the Net

Blogtimore Hon

Powered by

BLOGGER