isnaini_blogtemplate23
Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self. - Cyril Connolly
Tuesday, March 06, 2007
Briefly....
  1. Dad went home from the hospital today. Long recuperation ahead, but all is well.
  2. Work is hell with deadlines right now, and I am Powerpoint's bitch and Excel's whore in the meantime.
  3. Leftover homemade Indian food is da bomb! Lamb with Kashmiri spices (cardamom, cloves, bay leaves, coriander, garlic, ginger, cinnamon, tumeric......), and yogurt.
  4. I am having dinner with an old mentor / dear friend of mine on Thursday night. She gave me my first hospital admin. job over 16 years ago, moved to the west coast to get her Ph.D. at UCLA and never came back. She's got meetings at Hopkins this week, and it presents a long overdue opportunity to have dinner and get caught up with each other's lives.
  5. I started seriously investigating options for the trip to China in Sept. over the weekend and came up with a very general, very tentative itinerary which includes Beijing, X'ian, and Guilin, with a cruise up the Li River Valley. Lots of details to fill in, subject to change and compromise, and I'm waiting to hear from my UW Badger buddy John in Shen Jen to see if he can hook up with us while I'm over there.
  6. Heroes is the best new TV series - period. But I still miss Buffy.
  7. Whoever brought the bottle of Mark West Central Coast Pinot Noir to my party last weekend? THANK YOU. It has rocked my world two nights in a row.
  8. Back to American Idol and more Powerpoint slides for tomorrow's meeting.
posted by Broadsheet @ 8:32 PM  
4 Editorial Opinions:
  • At March 07, 2007, Blogger tfg said…

    I'm glad your dad was discharged, as I'm certain he is, too.

    Pinot Noir sounds fancy. Does it come in a classy twist-off bottle, instead of a box?

     
  • At March 07, 2007, Blogger jwer said…

    Good to hear about yer dad. I didn't bring that wine, because I was halfway to your house before I realized I'd spaced bringing a bottle... d'oh! I made my korma last week, but apparently scarfed it instantly. Yum.

     
  • At March 07, 2007, Blogger acw said…

    Good to hear your dad is getting okay-er.

    I pretty much want to make out with Heroes. Not the cast members, mind you, the tv show itself.

     
  • At March 07, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I miss Buffy as well.

    You better be seriously contemplating coming to my Cinco de Mayo/Birthday party:)
    It's not going to be as wild as I made it out...you of all people should know my sense of humor. It's just going to be an interesting mix of people, mojitos, margaritas, grilled food, and we are all just going to chill and relax.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Publisher

Name: Broadsheet
Home:
About Me: The Editor in Chief
See my complete profile
Mainstream Media

World News: Darfur/Sudan

Left Handed Editors

Right Handed Editors

The Personals

Food and Wine

Literature, Academia, Arts, and Culture

Healthcare and Technology

Book Reviews

The Tabloids

Previous Post
Archived Editions
Classifieds

Cost of the War in Iraq
(JavaScript Error)

Blog Baltimore

Subscribe with Bloglines

Blogarama - The Blog Directory

ripple

Save the Net

Blogtimore Hon

Powered by

BLOGGER