isnaini_blogtemplate23
Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self. - Cyril Connolly
Monday, January 29, 2007
Lemony Wet Poodles
I'm "working from home today" because I had the upstairs carpets cleaned (the first floor is all hardwood), and had scheduled an electrician to finish the job of installing a new ceiling fan after multiple attempts by jwer and myself to do so last weekend had failed.

The electrician was a really amiable guy in his fifties. Dundalk's finest, and I mean that with a great deal of respect and sincerity. He had the light fixture in and working in no time - all for an ass raping $180. It's still not as tight to the ceiling as I would like, but I completely believe it's the drywall's fault at this point - not his, and there is absolutely no wobble to the fan whatsoever.

Anyway, as he's finishing the cup of coffee I gave him, and I'm writing the check, he's playing with the cats, and when he tears the invoice off the clipboard, he says - "these are MY babies - I'm a poodle guy!", and proceeds to show me his clipboard which is simply COVERED in thumbnails of little white toy poodles in various stages of cuteness - some wearing outfits. Trying to suppress a squeak of amusement and amazement, I asked "how many do you have?"

"Oh, there's just the three of them, but I take them everywhere!" - as proud as any Dad could be. Now understand, this is coming from a Dundalk electrician. Union grade, blue collar, Bawlmore at it's best and most honest. I loved him. He was just great.

Next up were the carpet cleaners, and for about the same amount of money, the carpets look amazing, and they were prompt and friendly. They used a special procedure since I have all wool Berber carpets, and although they look great, and there is a fresh lemony scent happening, there is also a decidedly wet dog component to the smell from the wool.

Lemony Wet Poodle Scented.
posted by Broadsheet @ 3:00 PM  
2 Editorial Opinions:
  • At January 30, 2007, Blogger tfg said…

    I never thought I'd read the phrase "ass raping" on here.

     
  • At January 30, 2007, Blogger Broadsheet said…

    My first mistake was not calling you and exploiting your obvious electrical engineering skills for a favor in exchange for dinner.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Publisher

Name: Broadsheet
Home:
About Me: The Editor in Chief
See my complete profile
Mainstream Media

World News: Darfur/Sudan

Left Handed Editors

Right Handed Editors

The Personals

Food and Wine

Literature, Academia, Arts, and Culture

Healthcare and Technology

Book Reviews

The Tabloids

Previous Post
Archived Editions
Classifieds

Cost of the War in Iraq
(JavaScript Error)

Blog Baltimore

Subscribe with Bloglines

Blogarama - The Blog Directory

ripple

Save the Net

Blogtimore Hon

Powered by

BLOGGER