isnaini_blogtemplate23
Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self. - Cyril Connolly
Wednesday, June 18, 2008
The Joyful Duty of the Honesty of Service
I've missed a few important events here at Casa de Broadsheet over the last few weeks.

Lemme try and catch up, but not perhaps in chronological order.

I flew to Portland, OR early last Friday morning. When I landed, there was a news alert on my cell phone. "NBC 's Meet the Press News anchor Tim Russert is dead of a reported heart attack".

I was shocked. The first thing I said to my travel companion was; "isn't it ironic that he died on Fathers Day weekend - after all he wrote about Big Russ and his son".

Well, I didn't have time to react or watch anything other than a few seconds of CNN in my hotel room over the weekend, or for the next few days, until now.

His son Luke said that "there was never a day that went by that I didn't know my Dad loved me completely". That's the best memory / reality you can leave anyone. Hands down.

I wanted to embed the Springsteen video tribute here, but the best one is being hosted by CNN and I can't embed it directly, so here is the link.

Please go here....
to watch the tribute.
posted by Broadsheet @ 8:06 PM  
0 Editorial Opinions:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Publisher

Name: Broadsheet
Home:
About Me: The Editor in Chief
See my complete profile
Mainstream Media

World News: Darfur/Sudan

Left Handed Editors

Right Handed Editors

The Personals

Food and Wine

Literature, Academia, Arts, and Culture

Healthcare and Technology

Book Reviews

The Tabloids

Previous Post
Archived Editions
Classifieds

Cost of the War in Iraq
(JavaScript Error)

Blog Baltimore

Subscribe with Bloglines

Blogarama - The Blog Directory

ripple

Save the Net

Blogtimore Hon

Powered by

BLOGGER