isnaini_blogtemplate23
Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self. - Cyril Connolly
Wednesday, June 04, 2008
Board Bored
I usually have one or two weeknight commitments a week for various business, community, charity, or neighborhood meetings / events. Could be anything from a committee meeting, a monthly Board meeting, or a cultural event. That's nice - keeps me busy.

What I can't understand is why it all gets so out of hand at times. I mean, I have THREE Board "Retreats" this week alone. Must be Spring.

Tuesday, we had an all day "Retreat" for Sr. Execs at work regarding "Dealing with Change", and having "Crucial Conversations" - otherwise known as the "honey we need to talk" conversations. That was fun. FOR EIGHT HOURS.

Honey, we need to talk.

I actually had to skip the carrot at the end of the day (i.e. a small cocktail reception with my CEO and VP), to rush home and attend a FOUR HOUR "Strategic Visioning Retreat" for my community association Board. Yes, 6:00 - 10:00 on a weeknight. Pizza, cookies, soft drinks and a few crazies (oh, excuse me. In my neighborhood, they are called "eccentric"). Determinedly so, I must say.

This weekend, it is a Spring Board Retreat for the League of Women Voters for six hours on a Saturday. This is an organization I am passionate about, but when it comes to meetings, I just wish I wasn't the only member there with a menstrual cycle. We need to work on targeting younger members for recruitment.....

Meetings R' Us.
posted by Broadsheet @ 8:06 PM  
0 Editorial Opinions:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Publisher

Name: Broadsheet
Home:
About Me: The Editor in Chief
See my complete profile
Mainstream Media

World News: Darfur/Sudan

Left Handed Editors

Right Handed Editors

The Personals

Food and Wine

Literature, Academia, Arts, and Culture

Healthcare and Technology

Book Reviews

The Tabloids

Previous Post
Archived Editions
Classifieds

Cost of the War in Iraq
(JavaScript Error)

Blog Baltimore

Subscribe with Bloglines

Blogarama - The Blog Directory

ripple

Save the Net

Blogtimore Hon

Powered by

BLOGGER