isnaini_blogtemplate23
Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self. - Cyril Connolly
Monday, June 02, 2008
You Gotta Have Friends....
Further proof (not that I needed any) that I live in the best neighborhood in the world: I got home around 5:15 PM thanks to an offsite meeting and promptly re-heated yummy leftovers from a Caribbean cookout I hosted on Saturday night for the neighbors. Jerk chicken with mango and black bean salsa, pigeon peas and rice, and fried plantains.

I have had not one, not two, but three offers of an impromptu dinner between then and 6:45. One neighbor simply made a big pot of soup and wanted to drop off a quart for me to have for dinner or lunch at work, another knows I usually work long hours and wanted to know if I just wanted to pop over for dinner on a spectacular summer evening, and yet another - who I had already planned on meeting at 7:00 to plan a party for another neighbor (the soup lady) this weekend, who offered to feed me dinner in the process.

Sigh...I love my neighbors.
posted by Broadsheet @ 6:46 PM  
0 Editorial Opinions:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Publisher

Name: Broadsheet
Home:
About Me: The Editor in Chief
See my complete profile
Mainstream Media

World News: Darfur/Sudan

Left Handed Editors

Right Handed Editors

The Personals

Food and Wine

Literature, Academia, Arts, and Culture

Healthcare and Technology

Book Reviews

The Tabloids

Previous Post
Archived Editions
Classifieds

Cost of the War in Iraq
(JavaScript Error)

Blog Baltimore

Subscribe with Bloglines

Blogarama - The Blog Directory

ripple

Save the Net

Blogtimore Hon

Powered by

BLOGGER