isnaini_blogtemplate23
Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self. - Cyril Connolly
Friday, March 07, 2008
Geek Update
OK, so after more fumbling around this morning, I FINALLY got the Cable Box and TV working together beautifully, and after sifting around the Tivo support web page and not finding the answer I was looking for, I broke down and called them. A brief clarification answered my own question, and now I just have to plug everything back together and and we should be in business.

Trying to do something like this when I am at the height of my monthly, crampy, hormonal self is probably one of the worst, and most frustrating things I could have picked to really piss myself off, but there you have it.

However, tonight is Friday, so I think there will be an HD new release movie from On Demand and popcorn and wine in my future! I'm thinking Elizabeth, the Golden Age, would suffice nicely. A powerful woman movie when I am feeling less than powerful in my technical abilities and overcome with XX chromosome frailties at the moment.

I might also treat myself to a nice steak and salad for dinner. I bought the ingredients to try and recreate the dark rum, bleu cheese, island pepper sauce I had in the islands. If it works, I'll post the recipe, and then bottle it and make a fortune.

UPDATE: No fortune in the first attempt at the sauce, but now I know what to do. I used too much rum and didn't reduce the rum enough to burn off the alcohol, which gave it a bitter taste. Bleu cheese was about right if I reduce the rum enough, and I overdid the peppers - it was too hot, and didn't let the cheese through. I had the foresight to serve the sauce on the side, so I didn't wreck a nice piece of tenderloin while I experiment. The next batch should be close to perfect, but this may be a fun thing to work on, master, and make my own. I still think I'm missing a secret ingredient. Maybe some caramelized onions? It was a smooth sauce, so it was cooked and/or blended.

PS Did I mention the HDTV rocks? It's like getting a new pair of glasses, or the Claritin commercial when they peel back the film and all the color is exposed. Wow.
posted by Broadsheet @ 11:46 AM  
0 Editorial Opinions:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Publisher

Name: Broadsheet
Home:
About Me: The Editor in Chief
See my complete profile
Mainstream Media

World News: Darfur/Sudan

Left Handed Editors

Right Handed Editors

The Personals

Food and Wine

Literature, Academia, Arts, and Culture

Healthcare and Technology

Book Reviews

The Tabloids

Previous Post
Archived Editions
Classifieds

Cost of the War in Iraq
(JavaScript Error)

Blog Baltimore

Subscribe with Bloglines

Blogarama - The Blog Directory

ripple

Save the Net

Blogtimore Hon

Powered by

BLOGGER