isnaini_blogtemplate23
Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self. - Cyril Connolly
Sunday, June 03, 2007
C is for Sunday
Commitment: Rolling out of bed at 5:00 AM, and throwing on a baseball hat and shorts to volunteer at Race for Our Kids. It was fun after I downed a couple of cups of coffee, but eating BBQ at the after race party at 9:00 AM in the morning was a bit weird.

Cooperate: After a shower and a change of dry clothes, I fed the neighbor's cats while they are out of town over the weekend, and then I ran over to my other neighbor's house to help her recover pictures from her digital camera and transfer them to her computer so she could send them to Ambassador Bob and his wife (her daughter) in Algeria and Pakistan, respectively. She had just made a huge batch of fresh chocolate chip cookies for the Bolton Hill Garden Tour. So I had cookies for lunch. So far, so good.

Crazy: Walking around the neighborhood in the POURING rain for two and a half hours in a rain jacket and baseball hat with my friends Mark and Jeni to see the gardens on the neighborhood tour. Rain or shine! They were worth getting soaked for. Lots of good ideas and hidden oases to see. Ran into lots of neighbors too.

Chilled: To the bone. I was completely drenched through when we got home around 4:30 PM. I might as well have climbed out of a swimming pool. I toweled off, changed into a sweatshirt and sweatpants, crawled under the covers, and tried to catch up on an hour or so of sleep that I missed this morning, but I couldn't get warm, and it was storming and thundering outside. I slept for a little bit, but woke up needing hot soup.

Creative: I had grilled a pork tenderloin in Asian spices earlier in the week for a Vietnamese cold pork and noodle salad, but I didn't want cold salad leftovers. Thanks to the following ingredients in my pantry and fridge, I made a yummy hot and sour egg drop soup with pork in about 15 minutes: chicken stock, dried black fungus, lemongrass, ginger, garlic, red chiles, scallions, sesame oil, limes, rice noodles, cilantro, the leftover Asian pork, and eggs. I also had a bag or two of shrimp toasts in the pantry to munch on. And now I have soup for lunch for the next couple of days!

I'm finally warm. I'm watching CBS Sunday Morning which I Tivoed while I was at the race this morning. I'm so used to watching this with coffee, juice, and newspaper, it's kinda like having cereal for dinner. Seems really out of place.
posted by Broadsheet @ 8:50 PM  
0 Editorial Opinions:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Publisher

Name: Broadsheet
Home:
About Me: The Editor in Chief
See my complete profile
Mainstream Media

World News: Darfur/Sudan

Left Handed Editors

Right Handed Editors

The Personals

Food and Wine

Literature, Academia, Arts, and Culture

Healthcare and Technology

Book Reviews

The Tabloids

Previous Post
Archived Editions
Classifieds

Cost of the War in Iraq
(JavaScript Error)

Blog Baltimore

Subscribe with Bloglines

Blogarama - The Blog Directory

ripple

Save the Net

Blogtimore Hon

Powered by

BLOGGER