isnaini_blogtemplate23
Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self. - Cyril Connolly
Thursday, May 31, 2007
Blue Moon
This evening, 9:04 EST, there will be a Blue Moon.

Blue Moon you say? Hear the phrase all the time, but don't know precislely what it means? Easy - the second full moon to fall in the same calendar month. It's been 32 months since the last one.

Based on last night's moon, I doubt it will be "blue". That nickname probably occured as a result of heavy dust or volcanic ash in the air, which can cause the atmosphere to make the moon look bluish.

So remember Old Blue Eyes this evening, as you hum along:

Blue Moon
You saw me standing alone
Without a dream in my heart
Without a love of my own
Blue Moon
You know just what I was there for
You heard me saying a prayer for
Someone I really could care for.......
posted by Broadsheet @ 2:35 PM  
3 Editorial Opinions:
  • At May 31, 2007, Blogger tfg said…

    It's not that uncommon to see a blue moon on frigid winter nights. Of course, you have to be standing behind me.

     
  • At May 31, 2007, Blogger Broadsheet said…

    tfg: ummmm, thanks a lot for the mental image hon. I said blue moon, not hairy ass moon.

     
  • At May 31, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Thanks for the reminder! I think I'll keep Patsy Cline in mind as well:

    "Well, it was on one moonlit night, stars shinin' bright, whispered on high, your lover said goodbye.

    I said blue moon of Kentucky, keep on a-shinin', shine on the one that's gone and left me blue..."

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Publisher

Name: Broadsheet
Home:
About Me: The Editor in Chief
See my complete profile
Mainstream Media

World News: Darfur/Sudan

Left Handed Editors

Right Handed Editors

The Personals

Food and Wine

Literature, Academia, Arts, and Culture

Healthcare and Technology

Book Reviews

The Tabloids

Previous Post
Archived Editions
Classifieds

Cost of the War in Iraq
(JavaScript Error)

Blog Baltimore

Subscribe with Bloglines

Blogarama - The Blog Directory

ripple

Save the Net

Blogtimore Hon

Powered by

BLOGGER