isnaini_blogtemplate23
Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self. - Cyril Connolly
Friday, June 01, 2007
Golf - week 4
Man, I LOVE leaving work an hour early on Friday to play golf. Best Happy Hour ever. I think I need to make this a permanent fixture in my summer schedule even after my lessons are over. Given that I worked 47 hours in 4 days this week - I felt very justified.

Week 4 = Pitching shots. Turns out this is by far my best golf shot. I can get it almost exactly where I want it to go if I take my time and slow down. Direction is good - distance is spotty, and I need to work on consistency.

For a real beginner, I can drive a ball consistently, in the direction I want it to go, for 100 - 125 yards about 80% of the time. I can whack it almost 200 yards, but where it lands is anyone's guess. Obviously, I have a long way to go, but I've also come a long way, and I think I can go out on the course and not make a complete and total fool of myself. At least I'm not whiffing the ball anymore.

I have to buy clubs if I want to keep playing. Renting left handed clubs in my size is just not an option. Even at class this evening, I had to borrow a 3 wood and irons from my lesbian buddy Stephanie (we reached an understanding - I don't "owe" her anything for borrowing her clubs), because the one left handed ladies loaner set that UMD had - was loaned to someone out on the course.

Golf Lessons = $250
Golf Shoes /Glove= $75
Starter Set of Women's Left Handed Clubs + 3/4" (tall) fitted by PGA pro ~ $300+
Golf Bag = $160
New hobby? = Priceless.
posted by Broadsheet @ 9:15 PM  
1 Editorial Opinions:
  • At June 02, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    For pitching shots, try an open stance a more upright swing and use only 3/4 of your normal shot strength. You'll nail the ball purely and should be able to gauge your distance correctly.

    That'll be all for today's lesson. I'll be at the 19th hole for the rest of the weekend.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Publisher

Name: Broadsheet
Home:
About Me: The Editor in Chief
See my complete profile
Mainstream Media

World News: Darfur/Sudan

Left Handed Editors

Right Handed Editors

The Personals

Food and Wine

Literature, Academia, Arts, and Culture

Healthcare and Technology

Book Reviews

The Tabloids

Previous Post
Archived Editions
Classifieds

Cost of the War in Iraq
(JavaScript Error)

Blog Baltimore

Subscribe with Bloglines

Blogarama - The Blog Directory

ripple

Save the Net

Blogtimore Hon

Powered by

BLOGGER