isnaini_blogtemplate23
Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self. - Cyril Connolly
Wednesday, January 03, 2007
Well Whaddya Know?
It would seem that I am actually capable of keeping a New Year's Resolution, because it occurs to me that this blog is TWO YEARS OLD today! Things may have slowed down, and I haven't been able to focus my attention on certain topics in as much depth or detail as I might have done early on, especially since I took the new(ish) job, but all in all, it's still great fun, and I get something out of it, so I hope you do too.

I've learned a tremendous amount in doing this. Aside from the social aspect entirely, I've learned a lot about media; certainly a lot about the internet and HTML / Java Script programming (if I can do it - anyone can!); photography; politics; and the list goes on and on.

This forum makes me stay current with media, culture, political events, news, scientific discoveries, economics, Brittany Spear's love life, and JWER's car repairs to name but a few. To skim the surface of the Internet everyday in search of things that I find interesting and hope that others do too, is a lot of fun. Since no one has time to do that every day, I've also learned how to filter my aggregators and feeds to pick out the things I'm most likely to find interesting and "push" them to me, instead of hunting around aimlessly in the Internet jungle.

I would especially like to thank all the "real world" friends I've met on, or as a result of, this blog. All of you are as different as the day is long, but you're all a lovely bunch of coconuts to say the least, and my life is better for having met you. I've been privileged to attend your engagements, weddings, and house parties, and to see you through break-ups, blog dramas, job changes, illnesses and even death. It's a privilege to share in your lives - no matter how dysfunctional they may be at times :-)

This is one resolution I intend to keep for 2007.
posted by Broadsheet @ 8:18 PM  
4 Editorial Opinions:
  • At January 03, 2007, Blogger Malnurtured Snay said…

    Happy Blogiversary, Broadsheet! I'm grateful to have met you, and although my stomach hasn't always appreciated your efforts to expand my culinary tastes, I have (I type this with "Top Chef" on the TV). I can't believe it has been two years since I left my first comment here -- and promptly figured out what that little trashcan icon was, prompting me to leave my second comment ...

     
  • At January 04, 2007, Blogger Double Dogged said…

    Happy Annnnniversary Broadsheet! It has greatly been my pleasure to know you!

     
  • At January 04, 2007, Blogger acw said…

    Congrats.

     
  • At January 04, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    happy bloggy b-day!

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Publisher

Name: Broadsheet
Home:
About Me: The Editor in Chief
See my complete profile
Mainstream Media

World News: Darfur/Sudan

Left Handed Editors

Right Handed Editors

The Personals

Food and Wine

Literature, Academia, Arts, and Culture

Healthcare and Technology

Book Reviews

The Tabloids

Previous Post
Archived Editions
Classifieds

Cost of the War in Iraq
(JavaScript Error)

Blog Baltimore

Subscribe with Bloglines

Blogarama - The Blog Directory

ripple

Save the Net

Blogtimore Hon

Powered by

BLOGGER