isnaini_blogtemplate23
Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self. - Cyril Connolly
Thursday, December 28, 2006
The World's Oldest Blogger
Meet Donald Crowdis .



At the age of 93 (his birthday was Xmas Eve), he is perhaps the world's oldest blogger. And a good one at that! He's also a bit of a celebrity having been the Director of the Nova Scotia Museum for 25 years, and the host of a popular Canadian TV series.

Perhaps the most amazing thing about Mr. Crowdis' blog, is that he doesn't own a computer! (Although he claims to be planning on buying two of them) After he takes all his pills at breakfast, he writes his posts in longhand and MAILS them to a relative's house, who enters them into the computer for him.

The blog is a lovely compilation of homor, wisdom, and snippets of history.
When I say to my first wife, "What should I write about?" she says, "Oh, about a page. Your clergyman father said that the congregation shuts off in less than 20 minutes." So I decided I would write about a page on what I should write about, since readers today are not only fewer but have shorter attention spans too.
His beloved wife, Margie ("I call her my first wife, so she doesn't get overly confident"), is currently in the hospital in a diabetic coma.
posted by Broadsheet @ 1:08 PM  
5 Editorial Opinions:
  • At December 28, 2006, Blogger jwer said…

    3... 2... 1...

    I THOUGHT YOU WERE THE WORLD'S OLDEST BLOGGER!!!

    Sorry, there was no way in hell I could resist that. Go ahead, make the hair joke...

     
  • At December 28, 2006, Blogger Broadsheet said…

    jwer: Geeez, and I thought that was a flattering picture of you!

    PS Did I mention that I need help replacing my kitchen ceiling fan, and that there is dinner and/or a DVD/movie at stake in return?

     
  • At December 29, 2006, Blogger jwer said…

    I still have sad little tufts, thanks.

    Interesting. When is this happening?

     
  • At December 29, 2006, Blogger Broadsheet said…

    It's one of those projects that simply takes two people to maneuver all the parts. Some night next week? I'm kinda booked with other home repairs this weekend. I'll make you a nice veal chop and some tomato confit pasta with spinach. Oh yeah, and wine. Did I mention wine?

     
  • At January 01, 2007, Blogger jwer said…

    K... let me know, any time except tomorrow evening, I think...

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Publisher

Name: Broadsheet
Home:
About Me: The Editor in Chief
See my complete profile
Mainstream Media

World News: Darfur/Sudan

Left Handed Editors

Right Handed Editors

The Personals

Food and Wine

Literature, Academia, Arts, and Culture

Healthcare and Technology

Book Reviews

The Tabloids

Previous Post
Archived Editions
Classifieds

Cost of the War in Iraq
(JavaScript Error)

Blog Baltimore

Subscribe with Bloglines

Blogarama - The Blog Directory

ripple

Save the Net

Blogtimore Hon

Powered by

BLOGGER