isnaini_blogtemplate23
Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self. - Cyril Connolly
Wednesday, December 27, 2006
Tennis Elbow
I managed to pick up a nasty case of Tennis Elbow in my right arm last week. I don't know how, especially since I am left handed, and I certainly don't play tennis, but my symptoms are exactly as described, it hurts like heck, it's pretty annoying, and not getting any better.

I had one of my docs check it out this morning, and Yep - Tennis Elbow allright. I also have a bit of cubital nerve compression which is causing tingling and shaking when I put any pressure on my arm. It's very painful to shift gears in the car, and lifting a glass or any motion that puts pressure on my forearm hurts like hell.

The cure? Not much. I got a cortisone shot, am taking Alleve, and using a heating pad in the evening. Time will tell......

UPDATE: The cortisone shot is working miracles, and I got yelled at for using the heating pad. Treating inflamation with heat is a no-no. So tonight, it's ice, ice baby!
posted by Broadsheet @ 11:27 AM  
3 Editorial Opinions:
  • At December 27, 2006, Blogger jwer said…

    Obviously, you need to get an automatic...

     
  • At December 27, 2006, Blogger Zenchick said…

    ouch-hope you feel better soon. I battle with chronic pain, so I can relate.
    Jwer, on the other hand...perhaps some sensitivity training? Sheesh.

     
  • At January 15, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    well for me it's like hell i got golf elbow in both arms and nothing seems to work cortisone shots (4) laser, fans.... nothing works maybe God will help me.....

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Publisher

Name: Broadsheet
Home:
About Me: The Editor in Chief
See my complete profile
Mainstream Media

World News: Darfur/Sudan

Left Handed Editors

Right Handed Editors

The Personals

Food and Wine

Literature, Academia, Arts, and Culture

Healthcare and Technology

Book Reviews

The Tabloids

Previous Post
Archived Editions
Classifieds

Cost of the War in Iraq
(JavaScript Error)

Blog Baltimore

Subscribe with Bloglines

Blogarama - The Blog Directory

ripple

Save the Net

Blogtimore Hon

Powered by

BLOGGER