isnaini_blogtemplate23
Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self. - Cyril Connolly
Monday, January 03, 2005
A Broad Comments....
Well, here I go. A New Year's Resolution to join the blogosphere (and my blog friends ) and stop annoying people with constant mass forwarded e-mails and posts to the links and forwarded messages they already receive en masse. So, please bear with me as I develop the blog and hopefully contribute interesting, educational (and the occasional naughty bits), to the maelstrom / fire hose stream of information you already receive.

Look at it this way. It's passive - take it or leave it as you see fit. I hope you find it interesting enough to forgive me not sending out Holiday / New Year's cards on a regular basis in its stead.

Of course, one of the other great reasons to have a blog is to provide links to other sites and blogs that inspire and inform - hopefully, you'll link to some of my friends and let them know. I'm relatively late in the game for this and following in their (very large) footsteps.

I'll warn you in advance: The blog will be liberal (as in agnostic, GBLT friendly, moderate /leftist, feminist viewpoints) heavily swayed towards healthcare policy and issues, US politics, ethics, the internet, food and wine, and just about anything else I can think of.

Stay tuned for links (and you know who you are) and other developments.

Comments are the whole reason of having a blog - so chime in, damn it!

Here's to a great 2005.

And away we go!!!
posted by Broadsheet @ 9:36 PM  
17 Editorial Opinions:
  • At January 03, 2005, Blogger Gil said…

    I'm commenting first!!!

    Not that I have anything to say, but I haven't let that stop me in the past 2.5 years of blogging, so why start now?

    Happy new year!

     
  • At January 03, 2005, Blogger Broadsheet said…

    David: Thank you - I'm honored. After all - this is mostly your fault!

     
  • At January 04, 2005, Blogger jwer said…

    Yeah, what he said, and also, what she said...

     
  • At January 05, 2005, Blogger Zenchick said…

    Yay! Welcome, Linda. Now there is yet ANOTHER forum for Jwer to converse with other commenters...

     
  • At January 05, 2005, Blogger Malnurtured Snay said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At January 05, 2005, Blogger Unknown said…

    Welcome to the world of public introspection. (intraspection?)

    Zenchick sent me.

    Oh-oh you-ooh-ooh send me
    Honest you do, honest you do, honest you do

     
  • At January 06, 2005, Blogger Broadsheet said…

    Jwer: Thank you, and and ditto. I await your coup of this blog as well.

    Zenchick: Kinder words were never spoken - thank you, and I look forward to meeting your ethereal friends as well. (although very nice to meet in person at David's party!!!)

    LittleHouse: A perfect name. I look forward to visting you guys again (under better weather circumstances!!). I will no doubt use my last trip to The Little House in Gloucester as fodder for this blog. It was harrowing and hapless, to say the least.

    Malnurtured Snay: You're adorable - I'm happy to adopt.

    Robert: Welcome - nice to have someone from my own genre (age speaking, that is!)

    Mark: YES - I must, and WILL, give credit where credit is due - here and in a dedicated post. Thank you for suggesting the name for this blog. As we both know - it's pretty *e-ffin apt. Oh - and I'll correct the Josh Marshall posting - was probably a leftover copy/paste error - thanks for the heads up. I'm new here. And you were going to tutor me in HTML and Java script when???

     
  • At January 06, 2005, Blogger Malnurtured Snay said…

    Aaaah!

    I was like, "Why is there a little trash can under my comment?"

    And I clicked it, and it was like, "Your comment has been deleted."

    And I was like, "Haven't I learned by now NOT TO CLICK ON ODD LOOKING ICONS?"

    Apparently not. Anyway, the post I deleted (sorry!) went something like this:

    "Ahem. Welcome to the blogosphere! As you embark on your journey, there are two words you should keep in mind. They are not my words, but they seem to fit every occasion, so grab a towel, hope you don't have to listen to any Vogon Poetry, and Don't Panic."

    :)

     
  • At January 06, 2005, Blogger Malnurtured Snay said…

    Okay - while we're all here, I only registered on Blogger to post comments to those who blog with Blogger, so would someone who knows why Blogger is all stupid like explain to me why my comments have a trash can under them?!?!?!

     
  • At January 06, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    1) Bugger and Bollocks - does this mean I have to get one too?? Or I tell you what; jwer, idle trollop, could just let me write his.

    2) Claridges has burnt down? Surely not. I was out of the country but surely the keening of London's fashionistas would have reached even that far.

    3) Oh yeah, I forgot. Congratulations on getting a blog or whatever....

     
  • At January 06, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Rock on, Sister! And here I mean this in the biological sense, as this is your sister Leesa speaking/writing. Am only posting as "Anonymous" because it was too much stupid pressure to choose a stupid blog name on the spot. I do like the double-entendre of the "broad" in Broadsheet though. Unless I'm reading too much into it, which is what tends to happen, when one wastes too many precious years of one's life in the humanities.

    Oh foo,...just tryin' to say good for you for getting with the blogosphere! Bring on 2005!

    p.s. can I now count this post on my cv as a publication? Pretty please?

     
  • At January 06, 2005, Blogger jwer said…

    Campbell: that is precisely what it means, although I expect you'll have to learn how to use a computer first, you bloody Luddite! Also, don't rush my genius.

     
  • At January 06, 2005, Blogger Broadsheet said…

    Thanks everyone!! - I need to start a whole 'nother post to address all the posts and e-mails I've gotten in the last 24 hours ("You like me - you really like me!")

    ANYHOW

    Malnurted Snay: Sorry hon. Thanks for playing.

    Campbell: I would be happy for you to guest blog for me anytime. Hey - now we can trash David AND jwer on a whole new site!! But seriously, for someone who can voice/SMS text message me on Xmas Eve from a cathedral in Florence, Italy - you can easily handle a blog my darling.

    PS I so miss you. :-)

    Seadragon: So glad you're here! Definitely enjoyed meeting you! I may call upon you for some of my digital photography needs - you seem to be a pro.

     
  • At January 07, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Malnurtured Slay: You CRACK ME UP!!!
    (oh, dear...I'm becoming like Jwer...)

     
  • At January 07, 2005, Blogger jwer said…

    Ha, you WISH!

     
  • At January 07, 2005, Blogger Zenchick said…

    Jwer: ah, the memories. I haven't heard a retort like that since, oh, I don't know...7th grade? :-)

     
  • At October 20, 2005, Blogger Malnurtured Snay said…

    "Malnutured Snay" ... "Malnurtured Slay" ... wow. Good memories ;)

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Publisher

Name: Broadsheet
Home:
About Me: The Editor in Chief
See my complete profile
Mainstream Media

World News: Darfur/Sudan

Left Handed Editors

Right Handed Editors

The Personals

Food and Wine

Literature, Academia, Arts, and Culture

Healthcare and Technology

Book Reviews

The Tabloids

Previous Post
Archived Editions
Classifieds

Cost of the War in Iraq
(JavaScript Error)

Blog Baltimore

Subscribe with Bloglines

Blogarama - The Blog Directory

ripple

Save the Net

Blogtimore Hon

Powered by

BLOGGER