isnaini_blogtemplate23
Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self. - Cyril Connolly
Saturday, December 16, 2006
And a Partridge in a Pear Tree
Well, it took me all morning to run all my errands and grab some lunch, so I really didn't start Christmas shopping till about 1:30 PM. I shopped until about 4:30 PM, when fatigue and a really bad headache sent me home to the couch for a nap until just now. Of those 3 hours of shopping, fully one hour was spent sitting in unbelievable parking lot traffic and just getting in and out of parking spaces. I'm SURE there were a record number of fender benders out there today. UGH. And if the retailers aren't having a merry financial Christmas with the crowds I saw out there today, then they're doing something wrong.

But it's over. I'm done. I even got gifts for the family our office adopted for Xmas. A basketball for the boy, clothes for the little one, and a cool collection of "Hello Kitty" items for the girl who had asked for them on her list. I got Mom some nice bed and bath stuff and a gift card to boot.

All the on-line gifts have either arrived or been ordered, and I picked up the last of the in store things today. I have to assemble a couple of boxes of things to ship here and there, and I have to make and can the homemade gift I am creating for the neighbors and coworkers tomorrow.

Now, it's off to grab a shower, get dressed, and head to the first of two parties this evening.

I'd really rather stay home, light a fire, watch a movie, and go to bed early if you want to know the truth. Ho, ho, ho.
posted by Broadsheet @ 5:45 PM  
0 Editorial Opinions:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Publisher

Name: Broadsheet
Home:
About Me: The Editor in Chief
See my complete profile
Mainstream Media

World News: Darfur/Sudan

Left Handed Editors

Right Handed Editors

The Personals

Food and Wine

Literature, Academia, Arts, and Culture

Healthcare and Technology

Book Reviews

The Tabloids

Previous Post
Archived Editions
Classifieds

Cost of the War in Iraq
(JavaScript Error)

Blog Baltimore

Subscribe with Bloglines

Blogarama - The Blog Directory

ripple

Save the Net

Blogtimore Hon

Powered by

BLOGGER