isnaini_blogtemplate23
Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self. - Cyril Connolly
Monday, December 11, 2006
Christmas Lists
I warned him I would blog this.....

Tis the season for people to send their parents, spouses, children, and other relatives their Xmas wish list. When I was a kid, this was the Sears catalog with lots of dog eared pages.

Yes.

I am old.

Deal.

With.

It.

Later on, it became a bunch of different catalogs (L.L Bean, Pottery Barn, Lands End, etc...) with Post-it-Notes next to the things you most desired.

Nowadays, it's Amazon.com, or any other host of web site vendors that provide the opportunity for you to select items you wish to receive, put them on a "list", and email that list to all the people that you think might buy you a gift. Suddenly, Xmas has become one big Wedding Registry.

So, with the Holiday Season feeling in mind, my brother sent me his "wish list". No, not from Amazon. Noooo, not from some hunting and fishing catalog. Noooo, my brother sent his wish list to this site: Rockler.com "Tools and woodworking hardware since 1954". Better yet, the list included this unique item, that every serious woodworker needs.

I swear, my brother and ACW were switched at birth.
posted by Broadsheet @ 9:28 PM  
3 Editorial Opinions:
  • At December 11, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    That's pretty clever, I'd have never thought of put pets and people in the same coffin.

     
  • At December 12, 2006, Blogger acw said…

    Switched at birth? Like I have some sort of proclivity to death?

    Sheesh.

     
  • At December 12, 2006, Blogger Broadsheet said…

    tfg: Make that you AND ACW.

    ACW: No silly - just the bizarro sense of humor.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Publisher

Name: Broadsheet
Home:
About Me: The Editor in Chief
See my complete profile
Mainstream Media

World News: Darfur/Sudan

Left Handed Editors

Right Handed Editors

The Personals

Food and Wine

Literature, Academia, Arts, and Culture

Healthcare and Technology

Book Reviews

The Tabloids

Previous Post
Archived Editions
Classifieds

Cost of the War in Iraq
(JavaScript Error)

Blog Baltimore

Subscribe with Bloglines

Blogarama - The Blog Directory

ripple

Save the Net

Blogtimore Hon

Powered by

BLOGGER