isnaini_blogtemplate23
Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self. - Cyril Connolly
Wednesday, December 06, 2006
Celebrity Stalkers
My generous benefactor, the recently departed, and much missed, Zenchick, was given tix to this evening's Mercantile Tennis Challenge at the Arena and invited me to go!

Turns out Zenny is very well connected, because these seats were on the FLOOR baby!! Seven rows courtside. All the beautiful people were there, and many homes in Lutherville, Ruxton, and Hunt Valley were empty this evening.

We were sitting next to a Baltimore Colts player whose name I missed, but he kept being asked for photos. BUT more excitingly, we were a mere seven seats directly behind tennis legend Martina Navratilova for a few sets during the doubles matchup between the Bryan brothers (cute!), Mardy Fish, and Robby Ginerpi.

Pam Shriver was also in attendance, sat in our section most of the time, and clearly enjoyed getting caught up with old Baltimore friends. Zenny told me that Pam's now married to James Bond - George Lazenby, and they have three kids together, which is kind of creepy since he's my Dad's age and she's the same age I am. Ick.

Anyway, we stayed to watch a few sets of the last mixed doubles matchup to see Martina and Lindsey Davenport play, and headed back to drop me off.

They've been filming an indie flick in my neighborhood for weeks now, and Zenny wanted to stop and watch the filming. I swear, I sometimes think I moved to a Hollywood suburb given the number of film crews that use Bolton Hill. We double parked and Zenny chatted up the location scout and some of the film crew as only Zenny can do to get the inside scoop on the film, and then we hung out for a few scenes, hoping to catch a glimpse of the stars, Noah Wylie (of ER fame), and Gretchen Mol. We didn't get to see either one since they were filming in the living room of one of the brownstones, and we were out front on the sidewalk, but we got to hear lots of "quiet on the set", "roll film!", and "Cut!".

The working title of the film is "Boy of Pigs". Subject to change, it will hopefully make the film festival circuit next summer - might be worth catching if for no other reason than it is set in my hood - again.

Now, my glamorous evening must end since it's already past my weeknight curfew and I have to take out the trash for pickup tomorrow morning.
posted by Broadsheet @ 11:00 PM  
4 Editorial Opinions:
  • At December 07, 2006, Blogger jwer said…

    Mmm, Gretchen Mol... you got a lifesize Xerox of her body for me, right??? Please tell me you got a lifesize Xerox of her body for me...

     
  • At December 07, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I have to ask, primarily to be a curmudgeon, but does one continue to link to a blog that is no more?

    Just curious. ;-)

     
  • At December 07, 2006, Blogger Broadsheet said…

    jwer: You need a blow-up doll sweety.

    JJT: You're going to have to be far more annoying than that to equal the curmudgeon king known as Jwer! She's recently departed, so yes. Six weeks from now, we'll forget all about her. ;-)

     
  • At December 07, 2006, Blogger Zenchick said…

    um, hi, not blogging but can still READ.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Publisher

Name: Broadsheet
Home:
About Me: The Editor in Chief
See my complete profile
Mainstream Media

World News: Darfur/Sudan

Left Handed Editors

Right Handed Editors

The Personals

Food and Wine

Literature, Academia, Arts, and Culture

Healthcare and Technology

Book Reviews

The Tabloids

Previous Post
Archived Editions
Classifieds

Cost of the War in Iraq
(JavaScript Error)

Blog Baltimore

Subscribe with Bloglines

Blogarama - The Blog Directory

ripple

Save the Net

Blogtimore Hon

Powered by

BLOGGER