isnaini_blogtemplate23
Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self. - Cyril Connolly
Tuesday, December 05, 2006
Bloggable
After you've blogged for a while, you start to filter the world through a bloggable versus non-bloggable lens. Interactions with people, conversations, articles, events, all of them end up being evaluated as to whether they are bloggable post material or not.

Some bloggers are fearless. They have no filter. EVERYTHING is bloggable no matter how intimate, embarrassing, outrageous, offensive, demeaning, but mostly boring it may be. I admire their fearlessness, and I enjoy reading them sometimes, but I am certainly not one of them, or this blog would be called "Tabloid", instead of "Broadsheet". I have a few standards. Not many, but I will never demean, insult, or ridicule anyone here - at least not a private citizen, including other bloggers. Public figures, however, are open to whatever they deserve (cough, Bush, cough), by being in the public spotlight.

Same goes for publicly embarrassing people. This is the internet after all, and no matter how funny or amusing I think something is, if it comes at the risk of mortally embarrassing someone who may or may not even ever read this, or other people who know them might read it - then it's off limits no matter how laugh out loud funny I might think it is.

So, with that in mind, I can't post about the funny thing that has happened two nights in a row now. You're just going to have to trust me on this one and I can assure you, it was effin hilariously embarrassing for the people involved.
posted by Broadsheet @ 10:54 AM  
4 Editorial Opinions:
  • At December 05, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Trainwrecks.net

    You'll be amused for hours!

     
  • At December 05, 2006, Blogger Broadsheet said…

    AH: I LOVE that website! It's better than reading the trashy personals on Craigslist!

     
  • At December 05, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Am I one of those fearless bloggers that you were talking about? I wouldn't go to my blog today if I were you if TMI grosses you out.

     
  • At December 05, 2006, Blogger Broadsheet said…

    BJB: Yes, you are most definitely one of the most fearless women I know, and that is the highest compliment I can offer.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Publisher

Name: Broadsheet
Home:
About Me: The Editor in Chief
See my complete profile
Mainstream Media

World News: Darfur/Sudan

Left Handed Editors

Right Handed Editors

The Personals

Food and Wine

Literature, Academia, Arts, and Culture

Healthcare and Technology

Book Reviews

The Tabloids

Previous Post
Archived Editions
Classifieds

Cost of the War in Iraq
(JavaScript Error)

Blog Baltimore

Subscribe with Bloglines

Blogarama - The Blog Directory

ripple

Save the Net

Blogtimore Hon

Powered by

BLOGGER