isnaini_blogtemplate23
Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self. - Cyril Connolly
Sunday, September 24, 2006
Hollywood in Baltimore - Old Hollywood that is....
This time, it's none other than Bruce Willis, trying to squeeze blood out of the stone called his career and from the "Die Hard" series with one last gasp as an aging action hero in "Live Free or Die Hard". One can only hope he accomplishes the latter this time...

I mean, what's next? Rocky VI? Wait - it gets worse - stay tuned for Rambo IV. I kid you not - and the guy just turned SIXTY!! That's pathetic, not inspirational.

Meanwhile, back in Bawlmore, lots of city streets will be closed off for filming this week.

When I ran to Whole Foods yesterday, I decided to avoid the one in Mt. Washington due to the Virgin Festival taking place at Pimlico, and instead, ran down to the Inner Harbor. What I wasn't prepared for were the low flying helicopters filming a chase scene and the sound of gunfire (albeit blanks). I can get plenty of police helicopters and real gunfire right in my own neighborhood thank you. Luckily, traffic wasn't directly affected where I was headed and other than rubber neckers, it didn't take too long.

Either way, I'll wait for the DVD on this one.....
posted by Broadsheet @ 11:58 AM  
2 Editorial Opinions:
  • At September 25, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Now, I loved the Die Hard movies. Personally, I would have loved to see Bruce and hear him say "Yippie kai-yay, MF'r!"

    Or at least drink with him in Baltimore. That would be cool.

     
  • At September 25, 2006, Blogger Double Dogged said…

    I'll drink to that!

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Publisher

Name: Broadsheet
Home:
About Me: The Editor in Chief
See my complete profile
Mainstream Media

World News: Darfur/Sudan

Left Handed Editors

Right Handed Editors

The Personals

Food and Wine

Literature, Academia, Arts, and Culture

Healthcare and Technology

Book Reviews

The Tabloids

Previous Post
Archived Editions
Classifieds

Cost of the War in Iraq
(JavaScript Error)

Blog Baltimore

Subscribe with Bloglines

Blogarama - The Blog Directory

ripple

Save the Net

Blogtimore Hon

Powered by

BLOGGER