isnaini_blogtemplate23
Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self. - Cyril Connolly
Friday, September 15, 2006
Inside Edition
Tuesday, I am playing reluctant and guarded host to a film production crew from the tabloid news show, Inside Edition. Don't worry, Deborah Norville isn't expected to be here.

They are coming to film one of my docs doing surgery on a little girl. Normally, this should be a heart tugging, feel good story. What worries me is not just the sensationalism that this show is known for, or the smooth talking, hyperbole spewing, showmanship nature of the particular surgeon being highlighted. No, it's the fact that when they called our Marketing Dept. to pitch the story, they said that they had heard we were one of the few centers in the US that performed "dwarf stretching".

Ummmm - NO. We prefer to call it limb deformity correction - thank you.

This is gonna be ugly - I can just tell. I'd rather deal with "60 Minutes".
posted by Broadsheet @ 4:36 PM  
3 Editorial Opinions:
  • At September 15, 2006, Blogger Charissa said…

    Oh my. I am by no means a dwarf, I am just short at 4'11"... but I find that I am pretty sensitive to these things. Maybe I'm protecting "my own," you know? Not cool.

     
  • At September 15, 2006, Blogger Broadsheet said…

    Charissa: You, my dear, are perfectly, totally, NORMAL. Don't let anyone ever tell you otherwise. I'm 5'10" tall, but my BFF and college roomate was your size. We looked like Mutt and Jeff, but I tell ye - we still shared jewelry, hats, scarves and accessories (even the occasional boyfriend!), and I never once gave a moment's notice to her heighth or vice versa. She teased me, and I teased her. At the risk of dating myself, we went to a campus Halloween party as Wookie and Yoda one year - we won first prize....

     
  • At September 16, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    "Dwarf stretching"!!! Dear sweet Jesus don't some people just make you want to throw up - all over them for preference!

    C

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Publisher

Name: Broadsheet
Home:
About Me: The Editor in Chief
See my complete profile
Mainstream Media

World News: Darfur/Sudan

Left Handed Editors

Right Handed Editors

The Personals

Food and Wine

Literature, Academia, Arts, and Culture

Healthcare and Technology

Book Reviews

The Tabloids

Previous Post
Archived Editions
Classifieds

Cost of the War in Iraq
(JavaScript Error)

Blog Baltimore

Subscribe with Bloglines

Blogarama - The Blog Directory

ripple

Save the Net

Blogtimore Hon

Powered by

BLOGGER