isnaini_blogtemplate23
Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self. - Cyril Connolly
Monday, September 11, 2006
I have no street cred at all anymore
Not a single person hinted, initmated, or wink, wink, nudge, nudged about the possibility - no matter how remote - that the scratches on my face and neck today were from anything OTHER than my cat.

Noooooo....just a long, deep whistle, and then a puzzled smile with "What did on earth did you do to piss off your cat?".

Sultry single woman with wild side and romantic weekend tryst = 0

Overworked career woman with cats = 6

My life so sucks.
posted by Broadsheet @ 2:35 PM  
6 Editorial Opinions:
  • At September 11, 2006, Blogger tfg said…

    It's better that way. Scratches on the face indicate some kind of twisted S&M scene that went horribly awry.

    Just don't let their perception of you progress into that of the Crazy Cat Lady. Next Monday, come in with a knee brace and tell people, "I don't care what you hear. The bedroom is no place for a trapeze."

     
  • At September 11, 2006, Blogger Broadsheet said…

    tfg: That's why I have a stripper pole instead of a trapeze ;-)

     
  • At September 12, 2006, Blogger Charissa said…

    Okay, okay... I am an amateur at stage makeup, but I've given myself a nice-looking black eye before. Just say the word... ;)

     
  • At September 13, 2006, Blogger Maktaaq said…

    That's six cats?

    Since I've started cat-sitting, the charm of cats is more in evidence. Though I am lucky that this cat of mine is de-clawed.

    Hope things look up for you!

     
  • At September 13, 2006, Blogger Broadsheet said…

    Geeez maktaaq! Not six cats! SIX comments about the scratches. No, I have but two cats, and they are plenty.

     
  • At September 14, 2006, Blogger Maktaaq said…

    Yes, six cats are excessive. I have one (temporarily) and His Majesty is enough.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Publisher

Name: Broadsheet
Home:
About Me: The Editor in Chief
See my complete profile
Mainstream Media

World News: Darfur/Sudan

Left Handed Editors

Right Handed Editors

The Personals

Food and Wine

Literature, Academia, Arts, and Culture

Healthcare and Technology

Book Reviews

The Tabloids

Previous Post
Archived Editions
Classifieds

Cost of the War in Iraq
(JavaScript Error)

Blog Baltimore

Subscribe with Bloglines

Blogarama - The Blog Directory

ripple

Save the Net

Blogtimore Hon

Powered by

BLOGGER