isnaini_blogtemplate23
Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self. - Cyril Connolly
Thursday, September 14, 2006
Worst feeling in the world
Thanks to a faculty meeting that got started late and ended even later, I didn't get home from work until 10:30 PM last night. I love me some 15 hour days....

Anyway, I came home, fed the monsters, and literally fell into bed. Around 1:30 AM the rain started coming down, and I got up to close the bedroom window. For some reason, I remember looking at the clock, hearing the wind and rain, and all of a sudden, despite the stupor, I had this overwhelmingly certain feeling of relief and happiness associated with the fact that I was going to be able to sleep in this morning because it was Saturday. I was totally dead certain about it when I crawled back into the warm bed and snuggled down with the rain pounding the windows. The comfort that came with knowing I had no reason to get up first the morning was just lovely.

So imagine my horror when the alarm went off at 5:30 AM, and I groggily become aware that not only is today NOT Saturday, but it's ONLY Thursday, and I have to be at Grand Rounds by 7:00 AM. I wanted to cry.

I HATE that feeling.
posted by Broadsheet @ 3:19 PM  
6 Editorial Opinions:
  • At September 14, 2006, Blogger Double Dogged said…

    Yeah, I hate that feeling also. Nothing like being able to turn over and going back to sleep knowing you are off.

     
  • At September 15, 2006, Blogger Zenchick said…

    I once, in high school, shot out of bed in a torrent of anxiety, convinced I was very late. It was dark, but it was winter, and I left for school just as the sun was coming up anyway.
    I ran to the bathroom, on the way thought it funny that my parents' bedroom light was not on (my dad got up for work before me), took a hysterical shower, then ran back to my room, with dripping wet hair.
    Looked at the clock. 3:47am.
    Funny how I didn't look at it BEFORE the shower.
    Hope you get a nice big nap soon.

     
  • At September 15, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I share your pain. But here's a thing how is it that weekdays a ooze out of bed as unwillingly as can be at 7am whereas on weekends I spring up at 8 trilling like a lark and with a big grin on my face?
    actually I think thta was in the nature of a rhetorical question.

    C

     
  • At September 15, 2006, Blogger Broadsheet said…

    dd: tomorrow!

    zen: I did that not too long ago. Ended up getting dressed and coming in to work at 5:00 AM.

    Campbell: indeed. I'm sure I'll be up before 8:00 tomorrow.

     
  • At September 15, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I come here by way of Malnurted Snay.

    Fabulous quote by Cyril Connolly. As a yet-to-be-published writer, I'm keeping that one close to me.

     
  • At September 15, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Maybe, soon...I will be feeling that as the worst feeling in the world. I sure hope so.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Publisher

Name: Broadsheet
Home:
About Me: The Editor in Chief
See my complete profile
Mainstream Media

World News: Darfur/Sudan

Left Handed Editors

Right Handed Editors

The Personals

Food and Wine

Literature, Academia, Arts, and Culture

Healthcare and Technology

Book Reviews

The Tabloids

Previous Post
Archived Editions
Classifieds

Cost of the War in Iraq
(JavaScript Error)

Blog Baltimore

Subscribe with Bloglines

Blogarama - The Blog Directory

ripple

Save the Net

Blogtimore Hon

Powered by

BLOGGER