isnaini_blogtemplate23
Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self. - Cyril Connolly
Sunday, July 02, 2006
Putzing
Intr.v. putzed, putz.ing, putz.es Slang
To behave in an idle manner; putter.

After two weeks straight of working 14 hour days, and having house guests on top of that, I have this weekend OFF. Completely and totally OFF. OFF as in no plans, no demands other than what I choose to do, and since I have very little disposable $$$ this month after the vacation in AZ, and a lot of traveling, family gifts, and friends visiting in June, I can't really afford to do anything extravagant anyway. I literally cannot remember the last time I had four days off all to myself with no guests and no travel (other than being sick - no fun there). Heaven.

So yesterday, after I slept in past 8:00 (completely decadent), I putzed. REALLY putzed. I started a new book (see sidebar, Chris Moore's latest, A Dirty Job - laugh out loud funny), took a nap, enjoyed the weather out on the deck, drank ice tea, and putzed some more. And after burning a duck breast for dinner on the grill, when I was really good and putzed out, I had a glass of wine and went to bed early to read some more.

Today, I have accomplished.....more putzing. And good coffee, and the Sunday NYT, and most of the crossword puzzle (Sunday is obscenely hard). Now, I am putzing again, but will shower, take myself out to brunch, get some groceries, and plant pots and pots of flowers and work in the yard. Tonight, I will grill fish tacos with mango and black bean salsa and watch a movie of my choosing.

Tomorrow: more putzing, and some cleaning of the storage room and touching up some paint around the house.

Tuesday?: Lather, putz, repeat.
posted by Broadsheet @ 11:51 AM  
1 Editorial Opinions:
  • At July 02, 2006, Blogger tfg said…

    Weird. I've done basically the same thing, to include blowing off all social obligations. Hell, I may even blow off work tomorrow.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Publisher

Name: Broadsheet
Home:
About Me: The Editor in Chief
See my complete profile
Mainstream Media

World News: Darfur/Sudan

Left Handed Editors

Right Handed Editors

The Personals

Food and Wine

Literature, Academia, Arts, and Culture

Healthcare and Technology

Book Reviews

The Tabloids

Previous Post
Archived Editions
Classifieds

Cost of the War in Iraq
(JavaScript Error)

Blog Baltimore

Subscribe with Bloglines

Blogarama - The Blog Directory

ripple

Save the Net

Blogtimore Hon

Powered by

BLOGGER