isnaini_blogtemplate23
Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self. - Cyril Connolly
Tuesday, May 30, 2006
It's not the heat, it's the humidity
Damn straight.

Got off the plane at 1:15 AM last night, and was hit by a wall of wet heat coming off the jetway. My shirt was clinging to me by the time I got to the land of lost luggage to wait for my bags (both showed up!). I checked the temp., and it was actually COOLER than it had been in Phoenix when I left, but it was far, far more uncomfortable. Got home at 2:00 AM, and the house was stifling. Tossed on the AC and the ceiling fan and plopped into bed for a whopping 4 hours, which, due to the heat, was more like 2.5 hours of decent sleep.

Needless to say, I'm dragging and jet lagged today. It's noon and I've made it through my mail and answering all the emails I read last week, but didn't respond to unless they were urgent.

I flipped open the suitcase this morning and grabbed the first clean outfit I unearthed. It's a little "resort wear casual" for the office, but it's cool and comfortable, and I told my assistant not to schedule anything my first day back so I could get caught up and write my monthly report. THEN, I get a call that the CEO of the health system wants a "brief meeting" this evening at 5:30 to go over something, and I suddenly find myself wearing "casual Friday", on a business Tuesday. Crappity crap.

And what is it about travel that wreaks complete and total havoc on an otherwise healthy digestive system? Churned up, stopped up, bloated and discombobulated.... ugh.
posted by Broadsheet @ 11:51 AM  
2 Editorial Opinions:
  • At May 30, 2006, Blogger tfg said…

    Sounds like you need a vacation.

     
  • At May 30, 2006, Blogger Broadsheet said…

    tfg: Not nearly as much as you need one, Mr. 60 hours a week+. I just need a good night's sleep.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Publisher

Name: Broadsheet
Home:
About Me: The Editor in Chief
See my complete profile
Mainstream Media

World News: Darfur/Sudan

Left Handed Editors

Right Handed Editors

The Personals

Food and Wine

Literature, Academia, Arts, and Culture

Healthcare and Technology

Book Reviews

The Tabloids

Previous Post
Archived Editions
Classifieds

Cost of the War in Iraq
(JavaScript Error)

Blog Baltimore

Subscribe with Bloglines

Blogarama - The Blog Directory

ripple

Save the Net

Blogtimore Hon

Powered by

BLOGGER