isnaini_blogtemplate23
Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self. - Cyril Connolly
Friday, May 19, 2006
Vacation, all I ever wanted.....
6:30 PM and I am officially on vacation!!!

This time tomorrow, I will be sipping cocktails poolside at a resort in Phoenix.

I realize I have a 3 day conference to attend first, but I have to admit, I'm really looking forward to it. It's the first conference for my professional group I've attended since taking the new job last summer, and I've got enough experience now that I have tons of questions to get answered, I'm looking forward to the networking, and I'm even looking forward to the exhibit hall to get caught up on the latest and greatest products and services in my industry. They've also scheduled enough "down time", to make it relaxing, and the Resort is none too shabby.

Then it's off to Sedona and the Grand Canyon for some real R&R!!

Stay tuned for photos and the intermittent travelblog.
posted by Broadsheet @ 6:27 PM  
5 Editorial Opinions:
  • At May 19, 2006, Blogger tfg said…

    Get on with your bad self. That resort looks sweeeeeet.

     
  • At May 19, 2006, Blogger Broadsheet said…

    I swear, next to Christmas Eve, there is NO better "Eve" than Vacation Eve. Blasting tunes, loading the iPod, packing, having a glass or three of wine, drooling over the books you want to read next week, and trying to find the binoculars and sunscreen. Oh - what a feeling......

     
  • At May 19, 2006, Blogger Double Dogged said…

    Yep, you are right, nothing beats looking forward to a vacation. Have a great time!

     
  • At May 19, 2006, Blogger Malnurtured Snay said…

    Broadsheet,

    I look forward to your post in a week where you detail the flight delays, traffic jams, freak weather, and other unanticipated screwups that will, in accordance with the curse placed upon you, leave you wishing for a return to beautiful Baltimore.

    -Snay

    (And assuming this comment works as it should, your vacation should be perfect).

     
  • At May 19, 2006, Blogger Broadsheet said…

    Snay: You are the Devil's Spawn. Zenchick has also noted my bad travel karma and is wishing good karma for me as well. I can only hope that this trip will go as planned (or as close as possible), and that Phoenix will not have major floods or tornadoes, and that the Grand Canyon will not collapse in on itself while I am there.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Publisher

Name: Broadsheet
Home:
About Me: The Editor in Chief
See my complete profile
Mainstream Media

World News: Darfur/Sudan

Left Handed Editors

Right Handed Editors

The Personals

Food and Wine

Literature, Academia, Arts, and Culture

Healthcare and Technology

Book Reviews

The Tabloids

Previous Post
Archived Editions
Classifieds

Cost of the War in Iraq
(JavaScript Error)

Blog Baltimore

Subscribe with Bloglines

Blogarama - The Blog Directory

ripple

Save the Net

Blogtimore Hon

Powered by

BLOGGER