isnaini_blogtemplate23
Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self. - Cyril Connolly
Wednesday, May 31, 2006
It's a good thing I work in a hospital
Nothing like having one of your senior managers throw a grand mal seizure on the couch in your office to get your day started.

Typical, Wednesday morning staff meeting, and all of a sudden, she gets this frozen grin on her face, refuses to answer or respond to me, and then goes completely rigid. I managed to knock over my coffee table (with coffee), get her on the floor without hitting her head while she's convulsing and call a code. Luckily, there are three physicians within about 20 feet of my office, and there was a crash cart, O2 and a medical team on her within 30 seconds.

That hasn't happened since my 6'8" boyfriend in grad school had an epileptic seizure in the shower and cracked his head open on the faucet. THAT was fun.
posted by Broadsheet @ 10:00 AM  
5 Editorial Opinions:
  • At May 31, 2006, Blogger Unknown said…

    you have a couch in your office? sweeet!

     
  • At May 31, 2006, Blogger acw said…

    Hope she's okay. Has anyone told her to get back to work yet?

     
  • At May 31, 2006, Blogger Broadsheet said…

    eeb: Yes, it's a nice office. No complaints.

    ACW: Um, no. She gets a hall pass for as long as she needs it.

     
  • At May 31, 2006, Blogger Zenchick said…

    okay, not that I'm glad it happened to her, but when I read the title I was worried it was *you* again! Oy. {fans self}

     
  • At May 31, 2006, Blogger tfg said…

    Damn good thing you work in a hospital, I'd say.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Publisher

Name: Broadsheet
Home:
About Me: The Editor in Chief
See my complete profile
Mainstream Media

World News: Darfur/Sudan

Left Handed Editors

Right Handed Editors

The Personals

Food and Wine

Literature, Academia, Arts, and Culture

Healthcare and Technology

Book Reviews

The Tabloids

Previous Post
Archived Editions
Classifieds

Cost of the War in Iraq
(JavaScript Error)

Blog Baltimore

Subscribe with Bloglines

Blogarama - The Blog Directory

ripple

Save the Net

Blogtimore Hon

Powered by

BLOGGER