isnaini_blogtemplate23
Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self. - Cyril Connolly
Tuesday, January 11, 2005
Cha Ching....
So: Saturday morning was a dark-cold-pouring-rain-after-the-holidays-no-excuse-to-get-out-of-bed-before noon- kinda day. A true "read some of the stuff you got for Xmas, dammit !" kinda day (will post on these later).

This actually means - try to hide under the comforter from the cats between 7:00 a.m. and 9:00, and then make coffee, head to the study, and catch up on e-mail, blogs, and my Russian.

So...... I'm drinking coffee, surfing Car Max (максимум автомобиля - see? I was studying my Russian!!!) and fantasizing about a BMW 325ci, to replace the '97 Jetta with 72,000 miles on it, that's been paid for since 2000. (note - I take the Metro to work and this is the third Jetta I've owned - dating back to 1988 - yes, - I'm that old. )

There is absolutely nothing wrong with the current car - other than the fact that it's a '97.

While I was fantasizing a new car, the phone rang, and it was Kevin from the company that installed my windows last spring. You see, I got such "good" (read- really $$$$) windows, I could only afford to get the windows in the back of the house replaced last spring, but had the presence of mind to lock in the pricing to get the remainder of the windows in the house done during the next 12 months.

Wouldn't you know they would call while I was car shopping? During a downpour?

Given that my kitchen window was draining into a bucket, I quietly said "Yes, Please..." to Kevin and closed the browser to максимум автомобиля ....

Sigh.......
posted by Broadsheet @ 11:23 PM  
2 Editorial Opinions:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Publisher

Name: Broadsheet
Home:
About Me: The Editor in Chief
See my complete profile
Mainstream Media

World News: Darfur/Sudan

Left Handed Editors

Right Handed Editors

The Personals

Food and Wine

Literature, Academia, Arts, and Culture

Healthcare and Technology

Book Reviews

The Tabloids

Previous Post
Archived Editions
Classifieds

Cost of the War in Iraq
(JavaScript Error)

Blog Baltimore

Subscribe with Bloglines

Blogarama - The Blog Directory

ripple

Save the Net

Blogtimore Hon

Powered by

BLOGGER