isnaini_blogtemplate23
Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self. - Cyril Connolly
Sunday, November 04, 2007
Domestic Progress
I find myself with more time on my hands than usual the last week or two, and today I finally tackled some of those annoying household chores you just never seem to find the time or energy to deal with. A trip to Lowe's and I managed to:

1. Finish replacing all the regular light bulbs with compact fluorescent bulbs.
2. Buy a $4 tube of heat resistant silicon caulk so I can FINALLY repair the door to the convection / toaster oven that's been broken for the last 2 years. It took all of 20 minutes to clean the surfaces properly, bead the caulk, seal it and put a clamp on it while it dried. As good as new.
3. Take apart the vacuum cleaner to replace the broken motor belt. It's amazing how much better the damn thing works with a belt - DUH. I killed very dust bunny in the house, and I splurged on two extra belts for $3 apiece to have a spare or two on hand in the future.
4. Replace the furnace filter and seal it with duct tape. I got one of those more expensive HEPA micro allergen filters, and now that most of the dust is out of the house from the floor refinishing project, hopefully this will lead to cleaner air and more efficiency from my heat pump.

Next up: Cleaning the basement - and I mean CLEANING the basement. Closets are also on the agenda this week. A closet a day, and Goodwill will get a windfall and I get a nice tax write off.
posted by Broadsheet @ 3:48 PM  
0 Editorial Opinions:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Publisher

Name: Broadsheet
Home:
About Me: The Editor in Chief
See my complete profile
Mainstream Media

World News: Darfur/Sudan

Left Handed Editors

Right Handed Editors

The Personals

Food and Wine

Literature, Academia, Arts, and Culture

Healthcare and Technology

Book Reviews

The Tabloids

Previous Post
Archived Editions
Classifieds

Cost of the War in Iraq
(JavaScript Error)

Blog Baltimore

Subscribe with Bloglines

Blogarama - The Blog Directory

ripple

Save the Net

Blogtimore Hon

Powered by

BLOGGER