isnaini_blogtemplate23
Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self. - Cyril Connolly
Monday, October 08, 2007
Back to the Grind
UGH. Back at work and met by 445 emails. Once I got through all the junk, "Alluser" mass deliveries, and the idiots who reply "Thanks!" to an email thread - it was really only about 50 that provided useful info or require some type of action. Still - it took me all morning to get through them.

I thought I had gotten away with little to no real jet lag from the trip until about 2:00 PM yesterday afternoon, when a bus hit me. Fell into a coma for a few hours, made myself get up a few hours later (4:30 PM felt like the middle of the night), and stayed up till 10:00 before going back to bed. Hopefully, I'm all straightened out now.

I owe most of my neighbors an apology for this morning. At about 8:30, the tree removal company showed up to take down the huge Siberian Elm tree in my yard. In order to get their crane and equipment down my street, I had to ask everyone living both adjacently and across the street from me to move their cars this morning. Not a popular request.

I'll post before and after photos - it's a huge tree, and one that will be sorely missed, but its roots were starting to cause problems in my yard and in my neighbor's yard, so it had to go. The landscapers will start next week to replace my deck with a flagstone patio, and put in some more appropriately sized trees and shrubs.
posted by Broadsheet @ 12:02 PM  
3 Editorial Opinions:
  • At October 08, 2007, Blogger Zenchick said…

    are you going to build a condo for the rat?

     
  • At October 08, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    ooh a flagstone patio, sounds like the perfect spot for one of your candlight suppers.

     
  • At October 10, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    He who is half of whom you'd likely be hanging with at "a certain bar in Canton" per FL&P's Bonanza JB sayeth . . .

    1) Welcome back!

    2) Hang soon!

    3) Off to Denver and greater CO in 14 hours for the Great American Beer Fest etc etc; catch up when I'm back and hopefully your jet lag's history by then!

    4) Rock on!

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Publisher

Name: Broadsheet
Home:
About Me: The Editor in Chief
See my complete profile
Mainstream Media

World News: Darfur/Sudan

Left Handed Editors

Right Handed Editors

The Personals

Food and Wine

Literature, Academia, Arts, and Culture

Healthcare and Technology

Book Reviews

The Tabloids

Previous Post
Archived Editions
Classifieds

Cost of the War in Iraq
(JavaScript Error)

Blog Baltimore

Subscribe with Bloglines

Blogarama - The Blog Directory

ripple

Save the Net

Blogtimore Hon

Powered by

BLOGGER