isnaini_blogtemplate23
Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self. - Cyril Connolly
Wednesday, August 08, 2007
The Saga Continues
So....I missed another half day of work this morning for the flooring guys to come back and move my furniture back where it belongs and rehang my doors.

But wait, there's more.

In cleaning my brand new floors, I discover a deep gouge in the wood near the back door where they moved the furniture. Nice.

Apologies all around, but they now have to re-sand and refinish the all the floors boards near the door with three coats of poly - again.

I don't need to move out this time, but the cats get a three day pass to the laundry room.

And - there's no sense in cleaning much of anything since they are just going to dust it up all over again.

This has been fun.
posted by Broadsheet @ 10:50 AM  
7 Editorial Opinions:
  • At August 08, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Cripes, who did you hire? Dewey, Cheetham & Howe?

     
  • At August 08, 2007, Blogger Broadsheet said…

    You know, I have really mixed feelings about the company. Every single person I interacted with has been really nice and very responsive. It's the people I never saw and didn't interact with that left me with all the problems. The guys that blew out my kitchen circuits and didn't tell anyone, the guys that scratched my floors and didn't say anything, the guys that pissed in my bathrooms and didn't flush - THEY'RE the ones who caused all the trouble. The company has been very good about trying to make it all right - I'm just tired of messing with the whole thing at this point, and want a clean house back.

     
  • At August 08, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    The point should be that properly hired, trained, and supervised employees (at any level) shouldn't cause these types of problems that need additional customer service.
    A good company would not need to service these problems because they never would have occurred.

    I had ~750 sf of hardwood installed in my kitchen and family room a year ago. The guys moved the furniture and appliances, tore up the old vinyl and carpet, added additional underlayment, and reinstalled everything in less than 2 days. No call back. A fellow employee later used the same guys and, except for an initial miscommunication on the direction of the flooring, got the same results.

    Good companies don;t need big customer service departments because all employees are the customer service department, top to bottom.

     
  • At August 08, 2007, Blogger acw said…

    Yeah, I feel the same about the roofing company I hired. All very nice, but sloppy, and had to be told two or three times what needed to be done.

     
  • At August 09, 2007, Blogger danielle said…

    Having been following your saga, what a nightmare! It does however give me an excuse for why I haven't had my hardwood floors refinished, yet, besides the fact that paying for grad school is more a priority in my budget at the moment.

     
  • At August 09, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I'm feeling much better about all my "almost finished" DYI projects.

     
  • At August 09, 2007, Blogger Broadsheet said…

    Butch: DYI - Do Yourself In?

    I could get the whole house cleaned this weekend, but they want to come back next Tue-Thurs. to re sand the floor near the back door, which means I get to camp out in a dusty house till next weekend. I may clean the kitchen really well this weekend and hang plastic over the two entrances to it just so I can cook. I've been eating out for three weeks now and it's really old.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Publisher

Name: Broadsheet
Home:
About Me: The Editor in Chief
See my complete profile
Mainstream Media

World News: Darfur/Sudan

Left Handed Editors

Right Handed Editors

The Personals

Food and Wine

Literature, Academia, Arts, and Culture

Healthcare and Technology

Book Reviews

The Tabloids

Previous Post
Archived Editions
Classifieds

Cost of the War in Iraq
(JavaScript Error)

Blog Baltimore

Subscribe with Bloglines

Blogarama - The Blog Directory

ripple

Save the Net

Blogtimore Hon

Powered by

BLOGGER