isnaini_blogtemplate23
Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self. - Cyril Connolly
Thursday, August 09, 2007
Joe Squared
After eating out for nearly three weeks now, the thrill is long gone. The thought of another Quizno's sub, take out salad from the cafeteria, or Chinese food doesn't do much for me.

A friend had mentioned that Joe Squared on the corner of North Avenue and Howard St. was really good, so I decided to stop on the way home from work for some takey outey.

The place isn't much to look at from the outside, and the neighborhood leaves a little to be desired, but inside is a very cozy little bar / restaurant, and the menu will blow you away. I decided to just stay and eat in.

Wow.

Sure, you can get pizza, subs, pasta and bar food. But what bar food! I had a panini of grilled lamb with mint, caramelized onions, roasted peppers and asagio cheese. To. Die. For. Along with that, I had a side of risotto from their rather extensive and exotic risotto menu. Carrot risotto with curry, feta, and fennel. Yummy.

I didn't have the guts to try their chocolate-walnut, or ginger- pine nut, buffalo wings, but the waitress insists they are awesome with a fresh squeeze of lime. I'll take her word for it on that one.

They do deliver to my neighborhood and after reading the descriptions of some of their signature pizzas, their menu is going right to the top of the take out menus in the kitchen drawer.
posted by Broadsheet @ 9:20 PM  
4 Editorial Opinions:
  • At August 10, 2007, Blogger jwer said…

    Hay! That's two blocks from my house, you know...

     
  • At August 10, 2007, Blogger Broadsheet said…

    jwer: Perhaps, but the other side of that bridge may as well be the de militarized zone.

     
  • At August 10, 2007, Blogger danielle said…

    I've really been wanting to go there some time. Everything I hear is good. The neighborhood doesn't deter me. It's 5 blocks from where I work now and 2 blocks from where I'll be interning come September. And 2 blocks from Jwer. :)

     
  • At August 12, 2007, Blogger Unknown said…

    the wings tend to be a bit dry, but the risotto is nice. Thanks for your kind support, I'll be back in b-more next week.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Publisher

Name: Broadsheet
Home:
About Me: The Editor in Chief
See my complete profile
Mainstream Media

World News: Darfur/Sudan

Left Handed Editors

Right Handed Editors

The Personals

Food and Wine

Literature, Academia, Arts, and Culture

Healthcare and Technology

Book Reviews

The Tabloids

Previous Post
Archived Editions
Classifieds

Cost of the War in Iraq
(JavaScript Error)

Blog Baltimore

Subscribe with Bloglines

Blogarama - The Blog Directory

ripple

Save the Net

Blogtimore Hon

Powered by

BLOGGER