isnaini_blogtemplate23
Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self. - Cyril Connolly
Friday, August 10, 2007
Brownouts
UGH. Is anybody else out there having a problem with their power in this awful heat? I was a few minutes late to work yesterday because the power went off in the middle of the night for four hours and I lost my alarm clock.

Tonight, it went off for more than 2 hours right around midnight, but since I fell asleep reading, the sudden reappearance of my reading light woke me up when the power came back on.

It's also why I'm blogging randomly at 3:00 AM. Can't get back to sleep. Bleh.

It seems to be a neighborhood thing. I can see the microwave clock in my neighbor's kitchen blinking, so their power was out too.

Thanks BGE.
posted by Broadsheet @ 2:49 AM  
4 Editorial Opinions:
  • At August 10, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hmmm..Nope. No such activity like that on my block of B.H..

    Now lets see, Utility industry deregulated, power bills jump 50-75 percent (despite the fact coal prices have remained the same), roaming blackouts / brownouts -where have I seen this before?

    I call it ENRON 2 - ELECTRIC BOOGALOO

     
  • At August 10, 2007, Blogger danielle said…

    No such problem with the power. They do have these cheap alarm clocks at Target that have a battery backup and keep the time when the power goes out.

    BGE has plans in the works to build a new power substation in Seton Hill, but they've been fighting with the community over the design of the wall surrounding it.

    The new substation should help whenever it is finished and then maybe you'll get something for your 50-75% rate hike. :)

     
  • At August 10, 2007, Blogger Summer said…

    Ours has been fine. I second the idea of a battery back up on your clock.

    And yes, our bills are outrageous. But when it's 103 degrees outside, you HAVE to crank the A/C!!!

     
  • At August 17, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    In 'you're not crazy, really' news - yeah, me too. My clock's battery, so no crisis, but my flipping stove is blinking 12:00 like a 1985 vcr in a house with no kids.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Publisher

Name: Broadsheet
Home:
About Me: The Editor in Chief
See my complete profile
Mainstream Media

World News: Darfur/Sudan

Left Handed Editors

Right Handed Editors

The Personals

Food and Wine

Literature, Academia, Arts, and Culture

Healthcare and Technology

Book Reviews

The Tabloids

Previous Post
Archived Editions
Classifieds

Cost of the War in Iraq
(JavaScript Error)

Blog Baltimore

Subscribe with Bloglines

Blogarama - The Blog Directory

ripple

Save the Net

Blogtimore Hon

Powered by

BLOGGER