isnaini_blogtemplate23
Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self. - Cyril Connolly
Saturday, March 24, 2007
Wait Wait...Don't Tell Me!
Who knew that Supreme Court Justices could be funny??

After a League of Women Voters meeting this morning (creating a League statement on same sex marriage in MD, - of course we're for it), I ran off to run errands. I was listening to "Wait Wait Don't Tell Me!" on WYPR, and the weekly segment of Not My Job featured none other than Supreme Court Justice Stephen Breyer. He had to hold his own against Paula Poundstone, Peter Sagal, Luke Burbank, and Mo Rocca. And he was FUNNY!

Being the funniest Supreme Court justice, he said, "is like being one of the shortest tall people."

On why he even agreed to answer questions outside his area of expertise in the humbling, and often embarrassing, "Not My Job" segment: "Well, it was my sister-in-law who wanted me to do it, and I wanted peace in the family."

I sat in the car at the dry cleaners listening to the whole segment. You can click on the link and listen to it there.
posted by Broadsheet @ 6:05 PM  
1 Editorial Opinions:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Publisher

Name: Broadsheet
Home:
About Me: The Editor in Chief
See my complete profile
Mainstream Media

World News: Darfur/Sudan

Left Handed Editors

Right Handed Editors

The Personals

Food and Wine

Literature, Academia, Arts, and Culture

Healthcare and Technology

Book Reviews

The Tabloids

Previous Post
Archived Editions
Classifieds

Cost of the War in Iraq
(JavaScript Error)

Blog Baltimore

Subscribe with Bloglines

Blogarama - The Blog Directory

ripple

Save the Net

Blogtimore Hon

Powered by

BLOGGER