isnaini_blogtemplate23
Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self. - Cyril Connolly
Tuesday, March 13, 2007
International Incident
I think I just avoided creating a diplomatic stink with Russia. Or at least with a certain Senator of Ekatarinaburg.

I got the following email from Ticketmaster today regarding tickets I purchased over the weekend for the Harry Connick Jr. show in April (go ahead -- mock me - I like him).

"Dear Ticketmaster Customer,

Thank you for your recent purchase at Ticketmaster.

Unfortunately, at this time we are unable to mail the tickets to the international address that you provided."

WTF?? So I log onto Ticketmaster to check my order, and lo and behold, I had inadvertently used the credit card I had linked to my account the last time I bought tickets on line. That card belonged to a Russian politician who was visiting as part of an exchange program I was hosting, and he insisted on going to the Raven's game while he was here. Long time readers will affectionately recall my dealings with Veektor, the hapless Senator from Ekatarinaburg last October.

I just hope I cancelled the order and removed Victor's VISA number from my account before he noticed the charge!

In other news, I have two awesome seats to the Harry Connick Jr. Concert.
posted by Broadsheet @ 4:38 PM  
1 Editorial Opinions:
  • At March 13, 2007, Blogger Charissa said…

    Hahaha... that's hilarious. You know, in a I-hope-that-never-happens-to-me kinda way. Hahaha.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Publisher

Name: Broadsheet
Home:
About Me: The Editor in Chief
See my complete profile
Mainstream Media

World News: Darfur/Sudan

Left Handed Editors

Right Handed Editors

The Personals

Food and Wine

Literature, Academia, Arts, and Culture

Healthcare and Technology

Book Reviews

The Tabloids

Previous Post
Archived Editions
Classifieds

Cost of the War in Iraq
(JavaScript Error)

Blog Baltimore

Subscribe with Bloglines

Blogarama - The Blog Directory

ripple

Save the Net

Blogtimore Hon

Powered by

BLOGGER