isnaini_blogtemplate23
Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self. - Cyril Connolly
Sunday, August 27, 2006
Get your Mojo on
Decided to have the neighbors over for a casual backyard dinner this evening just because it's the end of summer, and we've done far too little hanging out lately.

Menu for 8 is simple, but tasty:

Fresh black mission figs sliced open and draped with prosciutto with a healthy shaving of good Parmesan Reggiano on top.

Grilled Pork Tenderloin with a guava glaze and a citrus/habanero mojo sauce (which smelled just AWESOME this morning when I made it).

Fresh, grilled corn salad with basil and red onion vinagrette.

Roasted baby sweet peppers stuffed with lemon, herbs, and goat cheese ricotta.

Peach Sangria

And for desert: Grilled pineapple on vanilla ice cream.

I'm gonna miss summer.....
posted by Broadsheet @ 4:39 PM  
6 Editorial Opinions:
  • At August 27, 2006, Blogger Charissa said…

    YUM. Can I come? :)

     
  • At August 27, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    An impressive menu, but why does the grilling have to necessarily stop with the end of summer? Keep that grill going into the fall is what I say!

    Speaking of, I am going to need to buy one of those. Right after I get the washer and dryer. ;-)

     
  • At August 28, 2006, Blogger tfg said…

    Although I speak english, I have no idea what 90% of the menu items are. They must not carry this stuff in the microwave section of the Giant.

     
  • At August 28, 2006, Blogger Broadsheet said…

    Charissa: Yeah, I don't think you were blogging when I hosted a Baltiblogger soiree last year and made paella for about 45 people. Lots of fun.

    JJT: I'll keep grillin! It's the fresh, off the vine, veggies and fruit I'll miss.

    tfg: No doubt. ;-|~

     
  • At August 28, 2006, Blogger Charissa said…

    Uh... can we have a fall blogger party? I'll bring, um, uh... chips? :)

     
  • At August 29, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Lumme! What do we get when you go for the COMPLICATED but tasty option?

    C

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Publisher

Name: Broadsheet
Home:
About Me: The Editor in Chief
See my complete profile
Mainstream Media

World News: Darfur/Sudan

Left Handed Editors

Right Handed Editors

The Personals

Food and Wine

Literature, Academia, Arts, and Culture

Healthcare and Technology

Book Reviews

The Tabloids

Previous Post
Archived Editions
Classifieds

Cost of the War in Iraq
(JavaScript Error)

Blog Baltimore

Subscribe with Bloglines

Blogarama - The Blog Directory

ripple

Save the Net

Blogtimore Hon

Powered by

BLOGGER