isnaini_blogtemplate23
Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self. - Cyril Connolly
Wednesday, August 23, 2006
Procrastination
A mere four days at my Mom and Dad's house doing absolutely NOTHING was better than a week at the beach or buying new shoes. Seriously. Total and utter relaxation. Read 2 books and a bunch of magazines, hung out with the nieces, nephews, and some good friends from college (and her four perfectly behaved, adorable children), indulged in a lot of floating in the pool, ate yummy food, the weather was spectacularly cooperative, and I SLEPT. A LOT.

Oh well. Summer is officially over for me. Back to the real world, work, and a continued procrastination of things I have avoided for a while now. Taking a cue from Bitch Ph.D., I realized that despite being a busy Mom and academic, her "to do put off" list is surprisingly similar to mine, so I decided to procrastinate further by writing about it!!

* Taking the car for an oil change ($0) and putting in a new windshield ($$).

* Paying some bills.

* Purging unloved clothes from my wardrobe and donating them to Good Will.

* Painting the window frames and rehanging the blinds. Did I mention the new windows went in a year ago in March??

* Buying new blinds for the living room before all the leaves fall off the tree and the entire world can see into my living room all winter long. Again.

* Clearing up a crapload of clutter and papers.

* Organizing my photos and music.

* Reading a zillion books, and finish the five half finished NYT crossword puzzles laying on the coffee table.

* Running errands: Post office (I have a Xmas package that never got mailed!), recycling center, and Tailor.

* Making a dentist appointment (and a GYN appt., a Vet appt. for the monsters, etc...)

* Submitting the outline of a talk I need to give at a conference in Vegas in October.

* Exercise.

* Sending thank-you notes.

* Sending out photos of my kid , family, and friends.

* Returning a movie.

* Doing laundry, sorting clean laundry, and the worst: part - —putting everything away.

* Cooking frozen vegetables before they shrivel up in the freezer, and eating things in the fridge before they get slimy.

* Homeowner Association Treasurer chores and correspondence.

* The. Yard. So small, yet so avoidable. The garden was a relative disaster this year because of the Wall $$$ Project, but I need to do some serious landscaping, which requires some research, plant selection, and most of all COMMITTMENT.

What's on your procrastination list??
posted by Broadsheet @ 4:55 PM  
4 Editorial Opinions:
  • At August 23, 2006, Blogger tfg said…

    I need a new windshield, too. Let me know where you get it done.

     
  • At August 24, 2006, Blogger Malnurtured Snay said…

    What'd you do to your windshield?

    I think my procrastination game will be changing the cat box.

    :)

     
  • At August 24, 2006, Blogger doggerelblogger said…

    Mmm. We have to paint frames around our new windows, too! But I'm afraid we beat you in the procrastination department - they went in 3 1/2 years ago.

    Actually, I'm thinking this is something that might actually go to another list, the Not Gonna Happen List (if I'm being honest about it).

     
  • At August 25, 2006, Blogger Charissa said…

    I add the following to my list:
    - Take out the trash
    - Wash/vaccuum car
    - Clean the catbox

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Publisher

Name: Broadsheet
Home:
About Me: The Editor in Chief
See my complete profile
Mainstream Media

World News: Darfur/Sudan

Left Handed Editors

Right Handed Editors

The Personals

Food and Wine

Literature, Academia, Arts, and Culture

Healthcare and Technology

Book Reviews

The Tabloids

Previous Post
Archived Editions
Classifieds

Cost of the War in Iraq
(JavaScript Error)

Blog Baltimore

Subscribe with Bloglines

Blogarama - The Blog Directory

ripple

Save the Net

Blogtimore Hon

Powered by

BLOGGER