isnaini_blogtemplate23
Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self. - Cyril Connolly
Wednesday, August 23, 2006
Running on Empty
In response to my one and only loyal reader - I WAS ON VACATION!!!

I will catch up with posting later this evening, once I slog through 150 emails at work, return phone calls, and go to three or four meetings.

The only good thing that happened upon my return, was that I thought I had to face the day with letting a problem employee go first thing this morning, but they used their good common sense while I was away to come to the realization that the S---t was about to hit the proverbial wind generator, took the rather large hint that I wanted to see them at 7:30 this morning on my first day back, and resigned while I was gone. Problem solved.

I pulled into the driveway last night with the gas light blinking and telling me I had 5 miles to go before I ran out of gas. I was too tired, and it was too late, to run out and fill it up, so I knew I had to go first thing this morning.

Since the tank was hot last night, and most of those 5 gallons were based on vapors and the fact that I had been going 60+ mph for the last 300 miles, when I started the car this morning, it told me I had only 1 mile to go before the car quit. I managed to coast into the gas station on fumes, just as the indicator went to ZERO.

The tank holds 16 gallons. I filled it with 15.999 gallons of gas. Yep - that's as close to empty as I've ever gotten with this car.

More later: bald eagles, herons, wild turkeys, covered bridges, Amish buggies, etc....
posted by Broadsheet @ 10:20 AM  
1 Editorial Opinions:
  • At August 24, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I was reading!!! I just wasn't commenting!
    Big Kiss
    C

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Publisher

Name: Broadsheet
Home:
About Me: The Editor in Chief
See my complete profile
Mainstream Media

World News: Darfur/Sudan

Left Handed Editors

Right Handed Editors

The Personals

Food and Wine

Literature, Academia, Arts, and Culture

Healthcare and Technology

Book Reviews

The Tabloids

Previous Post
Archived Editions
Classifieds

Cost of the War in Iraq
(JavaScript Error)

Blog Baltimore

Subscribe with Bloglines

Blogarama - The Blog Directory

ripple

Save the Net

Blogtimore Hon

Powered by

BLOGGER