isnaini_blogtemplate23
Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self. - Cyril Connolly
Sunday, July 16, 2006
A Kid at Heart
Standing in the checkout line at the grocery store yesterday (6 people deep, and I'm standing behind a Buddhist nun in saffron robes, and two trannies having an argument over which sugar free gum to buy. The tranny with the largest Adam's apple won. I love Baltimore.) Anyway, only three of nine checkout lines in this store are ever staffed and it's taking forever. I'm perusing the magazine rack of tabloids (Suri - is she an alien?), and the usual assortment of decorating mags and fashion mags featuring anorexic teens (you know, just once, I'd like to browse a copy of the Economist while I'm standing there, but sadly, no), when I see this magazine cover:



And with a sudden stab of recognition (or horror - I'm not sure which), I suddenly realize that this is my exact same set of sheets and linens in MY bedroom! Of course, I have lavender gauze curtains tying the theme together, and a Danish teak bedroom set, but still.....

Sigh. I felt like this guy.
posted by Broadsheet @ 11:12 AM  
0 Editorial Opinions:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Publisher

Name: Broadsheet
Home:
About Me: The Editor in Chief
See my complete profile
Mainstream Media

World News: Darfur/Sudan

Left Handed Editors

Right Handed Editors

The Personals

Food and Wine

Literature, Academia, Arts, and Culture

Healthcare and Technology

Book Reviews

The Tabloids

Previous Post
Archived Editions
Classifieds

Cost of the War in Iraq
(JavaScript Error)

Blog Baltimore

Subscribe with Bloglines

Blogarama - The Blog Directory

ripple

Save the Net

Blogtimore Hon

Powered by

BLOGGER