isnaini_blogtemplate23
Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self. - Cyril Connolly
Tuesday, May 02, 2006
Just Shoot Me Now
So....in the spirit of one of those embarrassing real life admissions that blogs let you make to the entire internet, here's my misery du jour:

On the way back from our little Girl's Weekend last month in Jackson, Mississippi, I somehow managed to misplace my driver's license. I had already looked through every jacket, pocket, purse lining, and magazine I could think of, and the last time I remembered having it was going through security. Over the weekend, when I was making my plans for vacation, it occurred to me that I needed to either find the damn thing, or replace it, since I couldn't very well travel or rent a car without one.

Last night, just before drifting off to sleep....it came to me.

My LAPTOP Case!!! I had it when I got on the plane!! Sure enough - in the outside pocket, there is my Driver's license - right where I left it when I boarded the plane over a month ago.

Snoopy Dance!!

And then I looked at it.....it expired 3 weeks ago on my birthday.

Yay - I get to spend this Saturday with the unwashed masses (literally) at Mondawmin Mall MVA.

Just Shoot Me.
posted by Broadsheet @ 9:48 AM  
5 Editorial Opinions:
  • At May 02, 2006, Blogger tfg said…

    That will make for good blogging material.

     
  • At May 02, 2006, Blogger Broadsheet said…

    Zenchick tried to comment, but karma and anti-spam measures conspired against her. Here's what she tried to convey:

    "here's what I was trying to say:
    dude, first of all...if I drove for more than 30 seconds without my license, Murphy's Law dicates I'd be pulled over for some random thing and get slapped with a ticket.
    Second of all: go to Glen Burnie. Westminster, even. It's not as far as you think. And the crowd is a bit different :)"

    XOXO

     
  • At May 02, 2006, Blogger Cham said…

    Go to Mondawmin rather than Glen Burnie if you can. Glen Burnie is a hell hole and they haven't calibrated the driver's license camera since 1982, prepare to look like a ghost.

     
  • At May 02, 2006, Blogger Broadsheet said…

    Zenchick - BTW, my karma is such that now that I have found the bugger and it's expired - NOW is when I am most likely to be pulled over for something between now and Saturday morning when I traipse to the MVA.

    And I SWEAR I did not received a renewal notification. I'm good about that kind of stuff. Usually. I mean, most of the time. Sort of. Meh.

     
  • At May 02, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Go to the Towson MVA on Kenilworth - it is quick and a decent crowd

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Publisher

Name: Broadsheet
Home:
About Me: The Editor in Chief
See my complete profile
Mainstream Media

World News: Darfur/Sudan

Left Handed Editors

Right Handed Editors

The Personals

Food and Wine

Literature, Academia, Arts, and Culture

Healthcare and Technology

Book Reviews

The Tabloids

Previous Post
Archived Editions
Classifieds

Cost of the War in Iraq
(JavaScript Error)

Blog Baltimore

Subscribe with Bloglines

Blogarama - The Blog Directory

ripple

Save the Net

Blogtimore Hon

Powered by

BLOGGER