isnaini_blogtemplate23
Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self. - Cyril Connolly
Thursday, March 30, 2006
MIA
What does it take to get a contractor to show up on time - or at all for that matter???

I realize this is a rhetorical question and one of life's great mysteries, kind of like missing socks from the dryer, or the single shoe lying along the side of the road. I mean, how many millions of sneakers jump to their lonely roadside deaths out of car windows every year? But seriously - why do they have to make it so hard to get even the simplest jobs done on your house??

Contractor #1: Called me at work twice to arrange an appointment for an estimate. We agreed on 8:00 AM this morning, and I was clear that I needed to leave for work by 8:30 for a 9:00 meeting. I was also clear that he could call me anytime if he had trouble with the directions, since my address can be a little tricky to find. Lucky me got to have an extra cup of coffee and watch GMA for a half hour while I waited. No show. No call.

Contractor #2: Also called me at work twice, and promised he would call back within 24 hours to confirm a day and time to stop by. That was 48 hours ago.

Contractor #3: Has said he will call me on Sunday morning and let me know when he can stop by later that day.

I'm not holding my breath.
posted by Broadsheet @ 11:17 AM  
0 Editorial Opinions:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Publisher

Name: Broadsheet
Home:
About Me: The Editor in Chief
See my complete profile
Mainstream Media

World News: Darfur/Sudan

Left Handed Editors

Right Handed Editors

The Personals

Food and Wine

Literature, Academia, Arts, and Culture

Healthcare and Technology

Book Reviews

The Tabloids

Previous Post
Archived Editions
Classifieds

Cost of the War in Iraq
(JavaScript Error)

Blog Baltimore

Subscribe with Bloglines

Blogarama - The Blog Directory

ripple

Save the Net

Blogtimore Hon

Powered by

BLOGGER