isnaini_blogtemplate23
Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self. - Cyril Connolly
Thursday, June 09, 2005
Fashion Statement Accessories
My friend Andrew and I have a longstanding tradition / competition that whenever one of us goes on vacation, the goal is to purchase the tackiest, ugliest, tsatske souvenir that you can possibly find for less than $10 as a gift for each other. In fact, the cheaper and grosser the better. As a result, each of us has quite a little collection of stuff from around the world that belongs in a Ripley's Museum. So....When I was in New Orleans last month, it was none too difficult to buy Andrew his souvenir in the French Quarter, where I found such a wealth of ugly tsatske on the cheap, that decisions were hard to make. After much careful deliberation, I came home and presented him with an alligator foot key ring for a mere $.99. So, with that in mind, check this out, because it takes "ewwww" to a whole new level.
posted by Broadsheet @ 9:21 AM  
3 Editorial Opinions:
  • At June 09, 2005, Blogger acw said…

    Weird!

    My fiance and I collect cheap, takcy shot glasses. We have one from Miami that has two pigs doing it "piggy style" that says "Makin' Bacon in Miami Beach".

     
  • At June 09, 2005, Blogger Maktaaq said…

    I love you, Linda! I NEED one of those screaming necklaces!

     
  • At June 09, 2005, Blogger Broadsheet said…

    ACW: I had a college roommate who collected souvenir salt and pepper shaker sets. She amassed quite a collection over time. I was happy to contribute the "Hershey Kiss" set from Hershey, PA, and a "Plymouth Rock" set from MA.

    Maktaaq: I love you too sweetie! Did you check out some of the other items on the site??!! It's like the Mutter Museum of taxidermy. Be careful though - they may have actual hamster products for sale. ick.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Publisher

Name: Broadsheet
Home:
About Me: The Editor in Chief
See my complete profile
Mainstream Media

World News: Darfur/Sudan

Left Handed Editors

Right Handed Editors

The Personals

Food and Wine

Literature, Academia, Arts, and Culture

Healthcare and Technology

Book Reviews

The Tabloids

Previous Post
Archived Editions
Classifieds

Cost of the War in Iraq
(JavaScript Error)

Blog Baltimore

Subscribe with Bloglines

Blogarama - The Blog Directory

ripple

Save the Net

Blogtimore Hon

Powered by

BLOGGER