isnaini_blogtemplate23
Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self. - Cyril Connolly
Sunday, September 21, 2008
Zucchini, Lemon and Ricotta Galettes
Mmmmm - I used the zucchini I bought at the Famer's Market to create this dish, the recipe for which is in this month's Bon Appetite Magazine.

The only difference I made in the recipe was to make a whole grain crust, and I must say, the crust is really spectacular. This recipe makes enough dough and filling for six generous galettes.

This recipe is under copywrite, instead of my own experimenting, so I can't print it it here, but I can provide the link to it...

Individual Zucchini, Lemon and Ricotta Galettes

If you follow the link, you'll immediately realize that my pastry work leaves a lot to be desired compared to their perfectly styled and lit magazine photos. I am not a pastry maven. I think it's a lot of work, and hard to manage. This wasn't that bad, even if my galettes are a little more "free form" than the ones in the magazine.

Anyway, here's the "before" photo - ready to go in the oven. The orange flecks are Hawaiian sea salt I use as a finishing salt.



These are like mini quiches, and just burst with lemony, creamy, zucchini flavor. They are fine on their own, or paired with a lovely piece of perfectly grilled and seasoned leg of lamb.



These freeze really well, so I look forward to enjoying the remainder at a later date.
posted by Broadsheet @ 10:52 AM  
0 Editorial Opinions:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Publisher

Name: Broadsheet
Home:
About Me: The Editor in Chief
See my complete profile
Mainstream Media

World News: Darfur/Sudan

Left Handed Editors

Right Handed Editors

The Personals

Food and Wine

Literature, Academia, Arts, and Culture

Healthcare and Technology

Book Reviews

The Tabloids

Previous Post
Archived Editions
Classifieds

Cost of the War in Iraq
(JavaScript Error)

Blog Baltimore

Subscribe with Bloglines

Blogarama - The Blog Directory

ripple

Save the Net

Blogtimore Hon

Powered by

BLOGGER