isnaini_blogtemplate23
Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self. - Cyril Connolly
Thursday, July 24, 2008
Modern Technology
An actual email thread between one of my most technically savvy physicians, myself, and my assistant. The names have been changed to protect the idiots.

I've got nearly 200 docs to take care of. Imagine this type of thing times 200.

Every day.

>>> "MD" 7/14/2008 10:09 AM >>>
Broadsheet

Could you possibly get me a second computer monitor? I have a USB-based device that allows me to use two monitors simultaneously with extension of the desktop to the second monitor. It is necessary for my work.

If not, no problem.

Thanks so much.

I definitely do NOT need a new monitor - a used one like the one I have would be perfect.

MD

>>> "Broadsheet" 07/14/08 10:37 AM >>>
No problem - we'll send one up. E - please put a help desk ticket in to MIS and see if we can recycle one of the monitors we currently have.

Broadsheet

>>> "MD" 7/23/2008 9:45 AM >>>
E and Broadsheet -

Any news about this at all? E. mentioned I would have the monitor Tuesday.
MD

>>> E 07/23/08 10:27 AM >>>
I have already been in contact with the contact person on this matter. There was some confusion on their part. I will bring the monitor up today.

E

>>> "MD" 7/23/2008 3:15 PM >>>
E -

Thanks so much. The monitor functions perfectly as a display, but it makes a loud humming racket that makes it impossible to use. Any chance you have another one? I have tried everything I can think of to stop the hum, but I can't and as is this is unusable.

Sorry to be such a pain.
MD

>>> E 07/23/08 4:10 PM >>>
MD -

It's no problem! I put in a help desk ticket so someone should be by in the next day or so to take a look at it. I will try to figure something else out in case it cannot be fixed.

Thank You,
E

>>> "MD" 07/24/08 8:15 AM >>>
E and Broadsheet -

I smacked the monitor on its top and the noise stopped. I forgot that basic self help manuver. So all is well. Nevermind.

Thanks
MD
posted by Broadsheet @ 7:22 PM  
1 Editorial Opinions:
  • At July 26, 2008, Blogger SJ Stone said…

    hahaha

    are you kidding me? i work at the National Security Agency! it's full of rocket scientists like this guy! thank god i'm not in IT!!!

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Publisher

Name: Broadsheet
Home:
About Me: The Editor in Chief
See my complete profile
Mainstream Media

World News: Darfur/Sudan

Left Handed Editors

Right Handed Editors

The Personals

Food and Wine

Literature, Academia, Arts, and Culture

Healthcare and Technology

Book Reviews

The Tabloids

Previous Post
Archived Editions
Classifieds

Cost of the War in Iraq
(JavaScript Error)

Blog Baltimore

Subscribe with Bloglines

Blogarama - The Blog Directory

ripple

Save the Net

Blogtimore Hon

Powered by

BLOGGER