isnaini_blogtemplate23
Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self. - Cyril Connolly
Thursday, July 17, 2008
First

This is the first of many, many summer tomatoes from my garden. I planted plum tomatoes - seen here - and yellow cherry tomatoes.

I regret that I haven't posted any photos of my strawberry bonanza. They were obscene in their sweetness and perfection. I'm still getting them off the plants in Mid July. Unfortunately, they tend to get eaten in the garden before a camera ever gets close to them.

I promptly sliced this bad boy up with a bunch of other tomatoes and some English cucumber, and arranged it on a bed of baby spinach around a Parmesan Flan, which I then sprinkled with lots of fresh basil, more shredded Parmesan, and good balsamic vinegar....Great summer supper.
posted by Broadsheet @ 7:37 PM  
1 Editorial Opinions:
  • At July 17, 2008, Blogger bosconet said…

    My first beefsteak should be ripe in the next few days. And my peppers have all been doing equally as well. I'm looking forward to fresh salsa from my back yard.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Publisher

Name: Broadsheet
Home:
About Me: The Editor in Chief
See my complete profile
Mainstream Media

World News: Darfur/Sudan

Left Handed Editors

Right Handed Editors

The Personals

Food and Wine

Literature, Academia, Arts, and Culture

Healthcare and Technology

Book Reviews

The Tabloids

Previous Post
Archived Editions
Classifieds

Cost of the War in Iraq
(JavaScript Error)

Blog Baltimore

Subscribe with Bloglines

Blogarama - The Blog Directory

ripple

Save the Net

Blogtimore Hon

Powered by

BLOGGER