isnaini_blogtemplate23
Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self. - Cyril Connolly
Thursday, July 19, 2007
Times Up
OK, so here's the situation:

1. I have two girl friends flying in from New England this weekend for a visit. Arrive BWI 8:00 PM Friday.
2. My entire family was here two weekends ago and slept in every available space and used every available bathroom.
3. A refinishing company is arriving first thing Monday morning to begin refinishing my hardwood floors and I have to move all the furniture on my first floor to the basement at some point before Monday.
4. My house is Artscape Central this weekend, and people are calling or emailing to meet up, stop by, or use my place as an Artscape hangout (which I have encouraged, and continue to do so - come on down, but I am out of free parking spots).

Today is Thursday - night, and I have to work tomorrow.

I have not:

1. Changed out all the sheets, towels and pillowcases in all the guest beds and bathrooms. They're stripped and laundered - just not changed.
2. Moved even one book to the basement.
3. Gone grocery shopping for guests.

The good news:

1. My cleaning lady came Tuesday, so at least the place is clean and the bathrooms are good.
2. I have lots of liquor leftovers from the family weekend, and probably just need a case or three of beer for the Artscape folks and lots of wine for the girls.

The bad news:

I'm going to be up all night on Sunday moving books and furniture into my basement, packing to leave the house for a week, packing up all the pet supplies, and moving myself, my cats, and my clothes for a week across the street to wait out the floor refinishing.
posted by Broadsheet @ 10:33 PM  
4 Editorial Opinions:
  • At July 19, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    1.) If your friends from New England, they are hahhty enough to sleep in the hoohd of a caahhh. (I grew up there, I should know and I did just that).

    2.) For extra booze, hit the Sutton Place convenience store -Open 'til 9:00 on Friday and 8:00 on Saturday. Far less dangerous than Chang's, though I still love the guy.

    3.) Pace your partying on Sunday. The closing acts (I'll be seeing Burning Spear) end at 8:00 -you'll have plenty of time to pack.

    4.) I have one extra Area 3 permit. If you need to bum it from me, reply to the post and I'll post my email / phone (but you'll have to delete the post afterwards (hostile righty bloggers!)). I'll be working online from home Friday- I leaned my Artscrape parking lessons.

    5.) The offer expires around 5-ish Friday.

    6.) Lotsa' luck.

     
  • At July 20, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Oooo. I'm not going to be helpful here, but I did want to note that I need to talk to you about cleaning ladies or cleaning hotty boys sometime. I think I'd really, really like to get one and I think it will fit into the budget around springtime.

    What I really want is Alice from The Brady Bunch. Someone to tidy up, do the laundry, make me dinner, give great advice and then tell me funny stories about Sam the Butcher. Kind of a house mom with whom I could occasionaly get into the cooking sherry.

    Alas, I certainly don't have quite that budget.

     
  • At July 20, 2007, Blogger Broadsheet said…

    dudattack: I am leaving work at 3:00 to hopefully accomplish everything I need to before I run to the airport. I'm good with parking for now. I told folks to take Light Rail if at all possible. I went to Chang's once when I first moved here. Was so scared, I never went back.

    MHG: I use "Maid To Order" they're in the book. I'd have to be on Welfare and food stamps and sell my car before I gave up my cleaning service.

     
  • At July 23, 2007, Blogger Gil said…

    1) I really appreciate the parking spot! Saved my life and the vestiges of my sanity.

    2) Maid to Order gave me tremendous problems, including a dispatcher bursting into tears on the telephone when I called to ask why they hadn't shown up as promised.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Publisher

Name: Broadsheet
Home:
About Me: The Editor in Chief
See my complete profile
Mainstream Media

World News: Darfur/Sudan

Left Handed Editors

Right Handed Editors

The Personals

Food and Wine

Literature, Academia, Arts, and Culture

Healthcare and Technology

Book Reviews

The Tabloids

Previous Post
Archived Editions
Classifieds

Cost of the War in Iraq
(JavaScript Error)

Blog Baltimore

Subscribe with Bloglines

Blogarama - The Blog Directory

ripple

Save the Net

Blogtimore Hon

Powered by

BLOGGER