isnaini_blogtemplate23
Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self. - Cyril Connolly
Tuesday, June 19, 2007
Peeping Jose
I'm having the roof on my house replaced this week. They started yesterday, and should finish up by Thursday.

So, I'm lying in bed this morning in my usual state of undress, enjoying the ceiling fan breeze and the vivid dreams that tend to inhabit my brain just before I wake up, when all of a sudden, I hear this "clank" against my window, and in my foggy state, it takes me a moment to wake up and realize that a ladder has been placed against my window at 6:00 AM. By the time I realize what's going on, I was just seeing the top of a short Mexican guy's head coming into view, and he was about to get an eyeful or two.

I grabbed the sheet and rolled off the bed onto the floor on the far side of the window, laid on the floor, and waited until I heard him climb onto the roof, grabbed some clothes, and headed to the guest bathroom to shower and get dressed.

I thought I was in the clear, until I came out of the bathroom wrapped in a towel on my way to the guest room to get dressed, and glanced up at the skylight to see a happy looking Mexican guy waving to me.

Once I regained my composure and got dressed, I walked out back and said hi to my new friend.

He apologized if he woke me up, but he said it was going to be 95 degrees today and wanted to get as much done this morning as possible, and come back later in the afternoon after the heat went down a bit.
posted by Broadsheet @ 1:41 PM  
5 Editorial Opinions:
  • At June 19, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You just resurrected the least fond memory of working with my brick-laying dad. It was honest work but I'll never miss the hot roof in the summer. Plus none of the buidings were occupied -no sneak peeks, dammit all!

     
  • At June 19, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Wouldn't "Peeping Tomas" be more appropriate? :)

     
  • At June 19, 2007, Blogger ADW said…

    I wonder how many other times he "starts early"?

     
  • At June 19, 2007, Blogger tfg said…

    I wonder if I could transport an extension ladder on the roof of my Camry.

     
  • At June 21, 2007, Blogger Summer said…

    What a way to start the day!

    That's one of my nightmares! The skylight in the hall is next to the glass transom of my bathroom door... meaning if you were peeking in my skylight you could see into the bathroom!

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Publisher

Name: Broadsheet
Home:
About Me: The Editor in Chief
See my complete profile
Mainstream Media

World News: Darfur/Sudan

Left Handed Editors

Right Handed Editors

The Personals

Food and Wine

Literature, Academia, Arts, and Culture

Healthcare and Technology

Book Reviews

The Tabloids

Previous Post
Archived Editions
Classifieds

Cost of the War in Iraq
(JavaScript Error)

Blog Baltimore

Subscribe with Bloglines

Blogarama - The Blog Directory

ripple

Save the Net

Blogtimore Hon

Powered by

BLOGGER