isnaini_blogtemplate23
Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self. - Cyril Connolly
Friday, November 03, 2006
Heat
I turned the AC off sometime back in early September, and enjoyed some glorious late summer weather with the windows open. I still haven't turned on the heat. It's supposed to go into the twenties tonight with a hard freeze, so I was pretty resigned to the fact that fall is finally here, and that I would probably need to give in to turning on the heat tonight.

But you know what? It's still very comfortable in the house. I built a fire in the fireplace, tossed on a T-shirt and a piece of fleece, socks, and some sweatpants (yeah, I know, a glamorous Friday evening, but I need some down time, and I have to work at a medical conference my docs are hosting downtown tomorrow morning at 7:30 AM). With the down comforter on my bed, and the two portable heaters I sleep with known as cats, I think we'll be fine for a few more nights, and the temps are headed back to the 60's and 70's later next week.

In other news, I switched my electricity supplier on July 1 to Washington Gas and Electric. With BGE balanced billing, my monthly bill was about $120 before the rate hike. My bill after the rate hike and switching suppliers? $47. Total. FOR THREE MONTHS. I kid you not. July and August used the credit on my BGE account, but Sept. was a true bill. We'll see what happens after I turn the heat back on.
posted by Broadsheet @ 6:43 PM  
2 Editorial Opinions:
  • At November 04, 2006, Blogger Malnurtured Snay said…

    Is it easy to switch suppliers? How did you do it? Do you just call up Washington G&E and they take care of everything?

     
  • At November 04, 2006, Blogger Broadsheet said…

    I did it all on line. Click on the link in the post. I would be surprised if you could switch since you live in an apartment, but perhaps they can do it on an account basis.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Publisher

Name: Broadsheet
Home:
About Me: The Editor in Chief
See my complete profile
Mainstream Media

World News: Darfur/Sudan

Left Handed Editors

Right Handed Editors

The Personals

Food and Wine

Literature, Academia, Arts, and Culture

Healthcare and Technology

Book Reviews

The Tabloids

Previous Post
Archived Editions
Classifieds

Cost of the War in Iraq
(JavaScript Error)

Blog Baltimore

Subscribe with Bloglines

Blogarama - The Blog Directory

ripple

Save the Net

Blogtimore Hon

Powered by

BLOGGER