isnaini_blogtemplate23
Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self. - Cyril Connolly
Thursday, August 31, 2006
Sleep deprivation causes me to see stupid people
Warning. Due to unusual work related circumstances that thankfully occur but once a year, I am operating on less than 8 total hours of sleep since 6:00 AM - TUESDAY. Crashing is imminent.

Of course, I cannot blame the work related gig for having to moderate the MD Delegates Legislative Forum this evening. I was the only control freak they could find on short notice apparently. Without going into details here (far too tired), let's just say: Be afraid, be very afraid Baltimore. There are more than a few imbeciles running for office this year that can't debate, let alone speak coherently in public.

One guy was so pathetic (how pathetic was he?), he answered Every. Single. Question. With the exactly the same Pavlovian response "It's a whole new game Baltimore. There's a two party system coming." That's IT. After a while, he sounded like Ron Popeil in a bad infomercial: "Just set it. And Forget It!"

I mean, WTF does that even MEAN??? People were laughing at him towards the end. Poor little lone Republican candidate that he was....

Oh, and then yours truly was so exhausted and harried, that she committed a MAJOR cardinal sin and forgot to turn off her cell phone during the debates (I know, I know - bad, bad, bad). Therefore, when Catherine Pugh was trying to make one of the few cogent responses of the evening, it went off, causing me to dive under the dais and silence it as quickly as possible. I flipped it open to shut it off, but not before I heard this guy mumbling, "Broadsheet - are you there? Hello? Helllooooo? Anybody Home?" He sounded like Cindy Lu Who calling from the bottom of my purse.

Ok, that's all folks. "To sleep, perchance to dream- ay, there's the rub."

Wake up call is 5:00 am tomorrow.
posted by Broadsheet @ 10:00 PM  
2 Editorial Opinions:
  • At September 01, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    In the Murrican language is a dingleberry the same thing as it is in English? If so, all I can say is, the sooner you get some serious shut-eye the safer the citzens of Baltimore will be.

    Leurve

    C

     
  • At September 01, 2006, Blogger Broadsheet said…

    Oh dear lord....NO - I meant idiots, and given the unfortunate choice of words, I deleted it.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Publisher

Name: Broadsheet
Home:
About Me: The Editor in Chief
See my complete profile
Mainstream Media

World News: Darfur/Sudan

Left Handed Editors

Right Handed Editors

The Personals

Food and Wine

Literature, Academia, Arts, and Culture

Healthcare and Technology

Book Reviews

The Tabloids

Previous Post
Archived Editions
Classifieds

Cost of the War in Iraq
(JavaScript Error)

Blog Baltimore

Subscribe with Bloglines

Blogarama - The Blog Directory

ripple

Save the Net

Blogtimore Hon

Powered by

BLOGGER